New To RC Tank Warfare

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Tanknubi
Recruit

New To RC Tank Warfare

Post by Tanknubi »

Good day everyone

Been silently lurking around the form for the past couple of months and finally decided to join.

Been modeling all my life ( planes, boats, amour ) but dived into RC Tanks a few weeks back.

I have a few kits that I bought from a friend, some new and some old but all still unbuilt in their boxes. ( All Tamiya Kits )

Will be needing a lot of advice but looking at all the info on this epic form, that shouldn't be a problem.

Happy modeling everyone!

Regards

Tanknubi
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New To RC Tank Warfare

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Where in the world are you?
Those Tamiya kits as long as they are complete will be relatively easy to build if as you say you have previous experience in kit construction BUT do read then reread the instructions and NEVER glue anything until you have carried out a dry run first, If you think that a part needs modifying to fit then check again because the part is probably correct and you have made an error :haha:
Ask lots of questions and join in any thread that takes your interest.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
DzNile4L
Private

Post by DzNile4L »

Welcome! Yes for sure we all ponder where you are located in the universe. Tamiya kits are lots of fun. I’ve just finished my Tamiya Tiger 1, and can agree that if something doesn’t feel right or doesn’t fit its probably builder error :haha:
Tanknubi
Recruit

Post by Tanknubi »

Hallo Guys...

Thanx for the welcoming... :)

I'm located in South Africa. ( But looking to change that in the very near future :haha: )
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome to the Very Best RC Tank site on the forum. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from Illinois!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, from the Highlands!. :wave: I've always enjoyed building Tamiya tanks, partly because the parts fit precisely where they're supposed to, and are generally well detailed. Although Tamiya electronics are a tad long in the tooth these days, you should expect to have some superior models lurking in those boxes of yours :thumbup: :D
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Tanknubi!

Can't beat this place for everything and anything related to RC armor! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I have received so much help and expert advice from these guys it's not even funny! :thumbup: Best bunch around!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Hi Tanknubi.

From Pennsylvania in the USofA, welcome to the forum and the addiction that is sure to follow.

Frank
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Greetings Tanknubi :wave: from Wisconsin (Brrr...) USA where despite our wishes and disbelief, the mosquitos >:< seem to survive the long winters.
You are certainly off to a good start with those Tamiya kits! Please do keep us informed as you start into one, including pictures if you will, and ask questions. I have never had a Tamiya RC tank kit. But I do have one in mind as a "some day" project, so I will be watching to learn from your experience.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”