Hi from Norfolk

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
abteilung502
Recruit

Hi from Norfolk

Post by abteilung502 »

Greetings fellow tank-men. After a break of several decades from modelling, I'm trying to get back into it (kids getting older - yay). Main interest is German armour WWII, currently initiating research for my inbound Tamyia 1/16 Tiger I. Cheers!
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Re: Hi from Norfolk

Post by stu_the_flat »

Hello and Welcome.

Enjoy building your Tamiya!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Abt.502! :wave:
Starting with the Tamiya Tiger 1 is as good an option as any. Some here like to modify the Heng Long and Taigen offerings, partly because the initial outlay is way under that of Tamiya's.
However, the Tiger 1 is blessed with probably the largest array of 3rd party add ons; and though most of them are aimed at the HL and Taigen customisers (often bumping up the outlay to stratospheric Tamiya levels :shh: ), many can also be made to adorn your anticipated Tiger 1. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
MikeHamilton
Lance Corporal

Post by MikeHamilton »

Great to see a fellow East Anglian join.
‘Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes’ - Oscar Wilde
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:wave: Yep, 43Recce put it just right. The Tiger I is the most popular build, so you are off to a fine restart on modeling. Welcome from across the mighty Atlantic! Keep us informed as you build, for we can learn from you just as you can get questions answered by the Panzerwizards here.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Abteilung 502, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I noticed that the Tiger 1s of the Battalion were more often seen minus the side fenders than just about all the other units using Tiger 1s,
I assume that because its Tanks almost exclusively served on the muddy, Icy, Dusty Eastern front that the side fenders were considered to be more a hindrance than a help.
Enjoy the Forum and ask lots of questions :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome to the forum Abt.502! Another mighty Tiger! At the present moment all I have running is a Taigen Tiger 1. Lots of fun and so much to fiddle with! Enjoy yourself here, I know I have! :clap:
Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”