Hi from Westest Wales

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
RealPirateJohn
Recruit

Hi from Westest Wales

Post by RealPirateJohn »

Hi all,

Just signed up, my kids have had me grab a pair of Walterson 1/24 IR RC tanks (had a couple of Heng Long in the past) and am just looking for a source of info and advice ready for when it all goes south :) Past (and current) exploits includes RC slope soaring (semi-scale and sports), Tamiya 1/10 RC cars, home grown foamies and the odd excursion into drones (Spark). None RC modeling includes plastics (mainly 1/48th) and rockety.

Update. Thank you to all those who said 'Hi'. What fun there is to be had... The Walterson tanks turned out to be 'unavailable' once paid for! Still Santa rescued the day with a selection of Henglong (KV - RX18, Panther G - RX18, Tiger ! - TK7.0). Now busy bringing the 27Mhz machines to TK-7.0. Fun for all :)
Last edited by RealPirateJohn on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hi from Westest Wales

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, John!. :thumbup: I don't suppose you have a peg-leg, parrot, and a habit of saying "A- har, me hearties"? :D
Looks like you already have a fair knowledge of the ups and downs (especially the foamy ones) of RC antics. There's lots of experience here to tap into here; but, it's also an excellent place to share photos and videos of your own builds, and special hobby days. :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello! You have fine experience. You mentioned “RC slope soaring.” Hmm.. In 1981 -‘83 I would go in the evening sometimes to watch RC sailplanes soar from the cliffs of SW LA (e.g. San Pedro). The seagulls would often join in the fun. These were cliffs, not slopes, but I surmise that it’s the same. It was beautiful in the sunset.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi John and welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Hello and Welcome.

Will we need a calendar or a stop watch to time it takes before your kids report that the tanks have "Magically broken all by themselves and where certainly not dropped form the top of the stairs what ever would have given you that idea!" :)
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

A belated welcome RPJ,

You've definitely got the background for this great hobby! Loads of talent, knowledge, and inspiration here for the taking! An amazing group of people here round it all out too! Enjoy! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”