Hello from Woodstock CT USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Glen the Rotorhead
Recruit

Hello from Woodstock CT USA

Post by Glen the Rotorhead »

I am currently fixated on the Rhine Crossings, including 3rd Army M4A3's, M36's and the LCM 3's that carried them. I build LCM's that are based on the beautiful GRP hulls produced by the now-defunct Speedline, with everything else scratchbuilt except for the props, guns, and detail bits. I use only WWII photos, manuals, and drawings, with all external details replicated down to the last nut and bolt. I have plans to also build Pacific theater LCM's with wading Shermans, and possibly an LCT(A).

I have two Mato all metal M4A3's, a highly modified M36 (NOT as nice as DrPhibes', but with duckbills.) and five LCM's in various stages of construction.

Happy to be here!
1/16 Mato M4A3 x 2
1/16 Mato M36
1/16 LCM 3 x 5 (own design)

1/6 Dragon/Spyker M4A3
1/6 LCM 3 (own design)
1/6 Armortek M4A3E8 being built as a T31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello from Woodstock CT USA

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Glen! I guess you might have been lurking for a while (quite normal with 'recruits' :D ), having seen Doc Phibes' wee masterpiece. It looks like you're well into the RC and RC Tank addiction, and will fit in well with the legion of no-hopers here. (No hope of recovery, that is... :haha: ).

Do post pics of your handiwork. :wave:

edit: given that your greeting comes from Woodstock, I almost expect to hear Country Joe and the Fish launch into "Give me an 'F'!!...." and so on. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello from Woodstock CT USA

Post by EAO »

A very belated welcome Glen the RH!

Sounds like you have your hands full and have a very good idea where you're going with this great hobby. Pics are a must when you can manage it! I think you're going to fit in here very nicely! :thumbup: :clap:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”