Hello From Scotland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Hello From Scotland

Post by stu_the_flat »

Hello

I started Getting into tanks as hobby that I thought was just to get me through lockdown but appears to have stuck!

I currently have a Taigen Tiger 1 (I think everybody does!) and a Panzer III that is amix of new and old parts. You can see some videos of them here if you wish. (Yes I know the winter tracks and dessert paint ain't great, I'll fix it I'm just not sure if I am repainting it or changing the tracks.

I would be interested in a Scottish club (I am in Motherwell) if one existed and I am also thinking of getting an allied tank, but my wife does not know that yet so I suspect I will be abruptly informed that I don't want another tank and I am very happy with the tanks I already have! :P

Stuart
Last edited by stu_the_flat on Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello From Scotland

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Fàilte from the Highlands, Stu. :thumbup: I'm not aware of any specific model tank clubs in Scotland, although RC and Model clubs do exist. :problem:
I had to smile at the wary words regarding the other half (or is it 3/4 on occasions involving boy's toys?).
You're also wise to twig that the tanking hobby isn't easy to abstain from, especially once you have developed a taste for it (a bit like a decent Glenlivet :haha: ).
Do, by all means, post pics of your lockdown steeds. We're certainly partial to pics here, y'ken. :thumbup: :wave:
I wasn't able to play your Vimeo links, as membership appears to be a requirement.
In the main, only Youtube videos work here. So far, anyway. :think:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

Ah fixed the links now! :)

I've found a new tactic with the wife... she is always complaining about the state of our patio .... so I've asked if I can lift up the tiles and build a wee battle of Tobruk in the sharp sand underneath... the look of dread on her face probably means that hopfully she will feel she has got off lightly while I build a KV-2 in the corner instead... until she checks the credit card statement and then I'll be buried under he patio

Never quite got Glenlivet a Bruichladdich for me please! :)
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Couple of very nice tanks you have there already Stu. A kv2 you say :think: please feel free to post some pics of the beast as you work on it. The first 20 tanks are the hardest to hide from the other half :shifty: after that she'll know that you are a lost cause and give up :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Stu, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A couple of nice tanks with inevitably more to come :haha:
Did you do the excellent front applique armour surrounding the hull mg and the driver on the Panzer111 ?
I am sure you will have lots of questions which is just what we like,
Do join in any of the threads that catch your eye.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

I did paint them myself. First time airbrushing which I thoroughly enjoyed but never managed to master cleaning the dratted airbrush! :)

Not sure I can afford a kv-2 sadly. So I've got a spare BB unit and barrel from the tiger. So I might Try bodging a field gun.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Stuart,

Nice tanks! You'll like it here! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Those are neat little videos, Stu, and the tanks perform well too. :clap:
My understanding was that only videos from Youtube could be posted here. Clearly, this isn't the case now. You've just proved that. Having had a wee peek at Vimeo, it appears to be a paid-for service; but is it possible to have a fee basic account, that would permit uploading videos directly to RCTW? If this is the case, I might well give it a wee go myself. I have a Youtube account, but it's a bit of a fiddle loading vids to it that appear as ad-free to members.
Do tell. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

stu_the_flat wrote:I currently have a Taigen Tiger 1 (I think everybody does!) and a Panzer III that is amix of new and old parts.
Welcome to the forum... but....
Two tanks?

;D

TTFN,
Rob
15 and counting...

Sherman M4A3 - Stug III - Panzer IV - Tiger (times two...) - King Tiger - KV-1 - T34-85 - Leopard 2A6 - Walker Bulldog - Pantiger - M1A2 Abrams
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
stu_the_flat
Lance Corporal

Post by stu_the_flat »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Those are neat little videos, Stu, and the tanks perform well too. :clap:
My understanding was that only videos from Youtube could be posted here. Clearly, this isn't the case now. You've just proved that. Having had a wee peek at Vimeo, it appears to be a paid-for service; but is it possible to have a fee basic account, that would permit uploading videos directly to RCTW? If this is the case, I might well give it a wee go myself. I have a Youtube account, but it's a bit of a fiddle loading vids to it that appear as ad-free to members.
Do tell. :D
Vimeo is great, youtube understandably compressed everything, Vimeo lets you keep that wee bit more. mostly I use it for free, I'm a self employed photographer (I'm using the tanks to learn videography. so I might pay for it for a couple of months when I am uploading a lot. but I like the free version, the upload limit also forces me to make sure I am 100% happy with a video before I upload.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”