Greeting from Massachusetts

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
DragonSherman
Recruit

Greeting from Massachusetts

Post by DragonSherman »

Hello all, I am from MA, USA. I have been doing RC tank modeling for over 20+years. I first saw your website in 90’s and was ‘hooked’ ever since. My first RC tank model was 1/25 scale Panther from academy which I converted into RC in 90’s. I also build 1/16 and 1/35 scale RC and static tank models. Now I build RC 1/6 scale tanks from Dragon (Sherman and Panzer II) and from Field of Armor (King Tiger and Tiger tanks). I am a newbies to sound modules. So I will have a lot of questions regarding that. I also do 3D printing and have printed many upgrades for my Sherman and King Tiger. I do reenactment for Civil War and WWII. I use my Tank models as an educational platform to teach and show how armor warfare were conducted and the life style of tank crews during WWII.
Looking forward in reading and seeing all your wonderful tanks here.
Happy tanking everyone
With warm regards
Attachments
My Sherman in one of the recent reenactment event
My Sherman in one of the recent reenactment event
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Greeting from Massachusetts

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, DS!. :wave: I'm guessing that's you, in uniform and lecture mode, beside the massive eyeful of Sherman. :D Do send as many detailed pics of your steeds as you can!. :thumbup: At the same time, feel free to pose questions about sound options. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
DragonSherman
Recruit

Post by DragonSherman »

Thanks … that was our unit commander giving presentation of Allies weaponry used in the War.
Eugene (The nutty Professor Dr. Shrek)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

You have been building tanks for thirty years; you have a 3D printer; and you are going to ask questions? Well for every question you ask, you have to answer two. :lolno:
Of course, I am just kidding: you are sure welcome! And, yes, I would enjoy seeing photos of your RC tanks and you "in action."
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo and welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
We shall be expecting great things from you so don't be shy tell all :{ , well not perhaps all after all we do have children members, Pictures ? well only if you want to :shifty:
Enjoy this place and join in any of the threads that catch your attention.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Hi DS.

Welcome & greetings from Lancaster County, Pa.

You’re fortunate to live in Massachusetts, the state where the American Heritage Museum is located. I visited the Museum this summer and can only described it as fantastic. I strongly urge all members (both stateside and international) that plan to visit the New England section of America to put visiting it on their things to see and do list.
(I am planning to return in 2022 to drive their Sherman)

You’ve joined a GREAT forum. I never cease to be amazed by the modeling skills, talent, and knowledge of the members.

Enjoy the madness.

Frank
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from southern Illinois. I did civil war re-enacting in my younger days.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Welcome aboard from southern Illinois. I did civil war re-enacting in my younger days.
:) :D Would that be as a Blue-belly, or Johnny Reb, Jim? Or, could you switch roles? :) I used to have a sets of scale Civil War soldiers (made by Airfix)- great fun. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Union. 8th Illinois Infantry. Very hot in summer!
DragonSherman
Recruit

Post by DragonSherman »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:You have been building tanks for thirty years; you have a 3D printer; and you are going to ask questions? Well for every question you ask, you have to answer two. :lolno:
Of course, I am just kidding: you are sure welcome! And, yes, I would enjoy seeing photos of your RC tanks and you "in action."
Thanks Herr Dr. Professor … my former students and even few colleagues called me Dr Sh’r’ek because of my last name … LOL. Please feel free to ask any questions. I would be very happy to address them … some of our students wrote in the course evaluation saying many professors loved to hear themselves ‘talk’. So you may have a tough time to shut me up once I start chatting ….LoL :haha:
Eugene (The nutty Professor Dr. Shrek)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”