Hi, new from switzerland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hi, new from switzerland

Post by EAO »

Hello Bach66,

Nice collection there! Don't worry about your English, we got it! :) If you need answers to some problems, this is the place to come to! The guys on here are great and have an enormous amount of experience to draw from!
jarndice wrote: This is not a comment against you Bach66 BUT it does annoy me that Heng Long/Taigen/Torro put a drilled infantry barrel on the Radio Operator's MG 34 when the Tanks of the German army had the smooth Armoured barrel.
It may seem a small point but it shows a lack of research by the manufacturers of these models.
I too must agree with you Sir Jarndice. Not that I'm anywhere near the realm of being a historical purist with my tank, but also why an MG42 on the cupola ring of my Taigen Tiger 1? After my post about my still to be built Mark One Panther and which MG was most commonly mounted, I started to wonder about the Taigen MG42 in lieu of the MG34. :eh: :think: Beats me!

Anyhow, sorry to sidetrack off on a tangent here. Do enjoy this Forum B66, and nice tanks!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hi, new from switzerland

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Bach66, Yes, A beer in the city centre would be most welcome. :thumbup: :D
My son lives near Seilbahn Rigiblick, which is an easy walk from the town centre (or stumble, after a few beers... :/ ). I really like the nightlife in Zürich; but especially the Asian 'Fusion Food' restaurants there, and walks around the AltStadt. I even took some photos there of folk swimming, en masse, up the Limmat one day :) It's a yearly event, I understand;and truly spectacular.
Back to the models:
Your Jagdtiger is a first-class model. Did you paint the crew yourself?. If so, you have real talent :clap: In any event, it's a good-looking model. :thumbup:

Edit: I feel I should also add, that the Tigers are also top-notch!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”