Hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Cshaffer
Private

Hi

Post by Cshaffer »

Hi I just have started into rc tanks not something i was planning on or even on my radar. But a friend reached out to me that had a buddy pass away with a extensive collection of rc tanks and and static planes. Long story short I bought the collection. So now I have about 20-30 1/16th rc tanks and other static tanks. So I am new with a lot of tanks trying to figure out what they or how they work so hopefully I will get some picture but I look forward to being part of this community thank you
Attachments
First load of tanks lol
First load of tanks lol
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: Hi

Post by Jarlath »

Welcome. We'll do our best to help you grow to love these things as much as we do!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi and Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A brief scan of the picture shows a variety of WW2 German armour with a mixture of 27 and 2.4 transmitters so I forsee some retrofitting of more modern electronics but nothing about that is too challenging :lolno:
I look forward to your many questions to the Forum,
Perhaps you could give us a hint as to where in the world you are?
Enjoy this place and do join in with any thread that catches your attention.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

Thanks for the feed back so far I am from Illinois USA where would be the best place on this forum to upload pictures of the tanks to so I can get more information about them? The guy that owned I think likes them more for looks than function so I don’t think they have been used a whole lot but I have been pulling the nicd batteries out and hope to find a charger today to see if they are operational or not
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Wow! You hit the jackpot, Cschaffer! That's about half the 1/16 tanks I have, all in one swell foop--unh--one fell swoop.

One place you could post photos is the "Show Off" section: viewforum.php?f=33. The "General Questions" section would work, too, viewforum.php?f=195. (I suppose General Questions outranks Show Off. :crazy: )

I would be glad to help you check out the tanks, as I am in rather far southern Wisconsin. However, Illinois is a l-o-n-g state. Feel free to send me a private message if you want to be more specific about your location. Then, too, there are others here on RCTW who live in the Land of Lincoln.
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction i and close to the University Of Illinois champaign. So last night I went through some of the tanks to pull the nicd batteries out of them. I am going to buy a charger today for them. I still have a couple more tanks left to pick up and a ton of static plane toys from the ww2 era. I hope to this week begin going through and uploading pictures of them. Any important pictures that I should upload I noticed when taking battery cover off some said some had stickers saying metal gearing and other “options” I believe
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome!. There are one or two unusual models there (the mounted 88mm for example); but what's most unusual here is someone beginning where many of us end up- :) ...
with a huge collection of designer ABS and metal, that is. :crazy: :D :thumbup: Do enjoy them all; there's so much to immerse yourself in there!!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The Tigers have had the spare aerial holders sorted out and the cupolas are correct which suggests the previous owner has done the sorting out so that you just need to check the electrics and find a paint scheme that you like.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

What are spare aerial holders?
Cshaffer
Private

Post by Cshaffer »

I posted a tank in the general questions and was hoping some of you could help me figure out manufacturer or if this is something he did himself thank you for all your input

Return to “Introduce Yourself”