Hello

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
KBDenson
Recruit

Hello

Post by KBDenson »

I’m new to the forum and live in San Antonio Texas. I’m just now getting into RC Tanks and enjoying it so far. I currently have 3 tanks, 2 German and one Sherman. They are all Heng Longs and in various stages of weathering, repainting etc. I was happy to find this forum and the files to help gussy up the tanks.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello

Post by jarndice »

Hi KB, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
2 German Tanks?
And so the mystery begins, Pantiger or Tiger maybe a Panzer111 but just maybe a Panzer4 of course it could be a pair of Stugs and so the plot thickens :haha: :haha: :haha:
Enjoy this place and do ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
KBDenson
Recruit

Post by KBDenson »

No upsets here. I was typing on a Cellphone when I introduced myself. Those tanks will be, Tiger 1, Panzer 4F, M4A3 Sherman.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

And still the mystery ooooo oooooo :haha:
A Panzer 4F oh yeah but is it the ever scarcer short barrel "F" or the more common long barrel "F2" or more properly correctly titled unless your name is Heng Long The Ausf "G" :lolno: ,
Sorry KB I am having a go at Heng Long not you,
There were 2,500 Ausf G and 50 Ausf F2 but to all intents and purposes they were identical.
The Tiger 1 is without doubt the most popular r/c Tank on the Forum and it has the great advantage of there being more upgrades available for it than any other 1/16 r/c Tank and it is probably the best researched Tank of WW2 so you should be able to get a straight answer to any questions you might ask about it :thumbup:
As to the M4 Sherman it easily beats into the bocage any other American Tank in the popularity stakes in 1/16 r/c on this Forum.
Lots of help if you need it you just have to ask :thumbup:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Sir!

You'll find all the help you need here. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
KBDenson
Recruit

Post by KBDenson »

That would be the Short Barrel F. Or AusF in Heng Long Terms. Looking to get into a better setup. Do you personally have any recommendations as to Brand you prefer or any hints to what I should be looking at for my next Purchase...Thank You Brad
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you want accuracy then Tamiya is your best but most expensive bet but decent standard electronics (Not the version 7 board) are probably the version 6 range from Heng Long,
Taigens accuracy in build detail is getting ever better but Heng Long have the edge on control boards,
Both Heng Long and Taigen persist in molding 2 spare aerial holders onto the rear flanks of the Tiger 1 when only the right side (From the Driver's seat) holder was fitted,
There is a plethora of aftermarket control boards which if you have the money is the way to go just as Steel gearboxes are over the nylon or pot metal originals that come as standard,
Bankruptcy is the name of the game in this hobby :lolno:
The short barrel Ausf F gives you the choice of buying from dealers kits that will allow you to build just about any of the Panzer 4 range from Ausf B through to Ausf D giving you something unique,
None of the pre-Ausf F Pz4s are available from the mainstream manufacturers,
The Ausf A needs a lot more work to get a decent model and most of it would be from scratch.
Tamiya's Panzer 4 is the Ausf J.
Which just leaves the Ausf H which is a pretty simple conversion using an Ausf F2/G as the starting point.
KBDenson
Recruit

Post by KBDenson »

Thank you. Answers a huge question I have had. Don't know anybody else here in my area (San Antonio, Texas) that have RC Tanks. My 2 daughters and wife appease me to do IR battles.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello KB and welcome to the forum :wave:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
KBDenson
Recruit

Post by KBDenson »

Model Builder 4 wrote:Hello KB and welcome to the forum :wave: