Another Hello from Washington State (USA)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
sstudley
Recruit

Another Hello from Washington State (USA)

Post by sstudley »

Hello,
Although I have owned a few different RC tanks over the years, I have yet to get involved in any kind of club or forum. I'm thinking of creating a local RC Tank club, possibly opening up spring 2022. Anyway, I thought I could learn from others before diving in. I have a 1/16 Taigen Tiger 1, M26 Pershing and another 1/16 Tamiya Pershing in progress.

Kind regards,
Steve
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Re: Another Hello from Washington State (USA)

Post by AGKPeiper »

Willkommen mein freund, bilder bitte.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Sir!

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome Steve! Yes, indeed, a Taigen Tiger 1, M26 Pershing (now there's a duel ready to go) and Tamiya Pershing are a grand start! I have tons 'o' Taigens. Did you get the Version 3 sound modules in your Tiger and Pershing? And, indeed, photos are welcome! Of course, photos of your Tamiya in progress...well "we have ways of making you talk!" :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo Steve, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Everyone gets themselves a Tiger 1 but the Pershing is a lot less popular the first choice of American Tank usually being the M4 Sherman,
One day I might take on a Pershing build myself and if I do I shall look up Painless Wolf's build which was in my opinion the definative,
A look through the builds section of the Forum should reveal it to you.
Enjoy this place and do ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
sstudley
Recruit

Post by sstudley »

AGKPeiper wrote:Willkommen mein freund, bilder bitte.
ja herr, bilder!
:)
Attachments
Tiger_1.jpg
Pershing.JPG
sstudley
Recruit

Post by sstudley »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Welcome Steve! Yes, indeed, a Taigen Tiger 1, M26 Pershing (now there's a duel ready to go) and Tamiya Pershing are a grand start! I have tons 'o' Taigens. Did you get the Version 3 sound modules in your Tiger and Pershing? And, indeed, photos are welcome! Of course, photos of your Tamiya in progress...well "we have ways of making you talk!" :haha:
I just upgraded my Pershing with the latest sound module, but didn't do the same for the Tiger. I'm now having sound issues with the Tiger so I will probably order the latest and greatest this week! As soon as I get the Tamiya laid out and organized, I'll begin posting pictures. Nothing to see yet, aside from a few boxes.

kind regards,
Steve
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Steve and a late welcome on my part! Seems just lately to be an influx of new member's from "The Great North Wet". Your plans for a RC tank club may work out pretty slick! My Wife and I lived in Puget Sound for 12 years before moving back to our Native Mid West. That is a very nice collection of tanks you have there. Hope you enjoy yourself on the Forum, best one that is out there IMO!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”