Hi

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tweeky8687
Recruit

Hi

Post by tweeky8687 »

Hello,
Just ordered a Tamiya 1:16 scale Tiger tank. started looking at the build pages already.

Thank for having me.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: Hi

Post by jee »

Welcome, looking forward to your build thread :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Hi Tweeky,
Welcome along, any chance you can give us some info about yourself, roughly what area of what county you’re in & previous rc, modelling experience you have, that way people local to you would perhaps help you out
Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Yes, you certainly don't have to reveal any state secrets, but it would help if we knew a bit more. (Here as an example--though not necessarily the best model--is my introduction viewtopic.php?f=42&t=30350.) And I, too, am eager for news of your building the Tiger.
tweeky8687
Recruit

Post by tweeky8687 »

Hello again,
Apologies for not replying earlier and apologies for not fully introducing myself correctly.

Ex RAF ground crew ( Lighting, Chipmunk, Jaguar and Tornado) After that I spent 7 years at Lotus (two years cars, 5 Years Engineering) no currently working for a Large US company here in the UK (West Yorkshire). Also my user name was my nickname in the RAF.

Mainly build static models (Aircraft and car various scales) in my retirement stash are 5 MFH 1:12 scale F1 and Group C race cars and 1 1:35 scale Tiger tank. I've also got a couple of scale motorsport kits and a couple Studio 27 kits too. Have been building kit from a young age (8 or 9 years old) currently 57 (58 next month).

Other things that take my time, I own a Caterham 7 (built it myself in 2005) Plus I've got three Tamiya kits to build (1 to finish) in the near future.

R/C stuff started dabbling in 82 with a Tamiya Rough rider. I've got a vintage Tamiya Porsche 959 rally car. Also in the last 12 month I've built a Ford Airomax 1:14 truck and two trailers. But ive always wanted to build one of the 1:16 scale tank..... and I've got a Sand Scorcher to build when I decide on a colour scheme plus ive seen a few after marked bit for it to make it look better.

Mark
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from another Tiger tank fan!
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

tweeky8687 wrote:...in my retirement stash are 5 MFH 1:12 scale F1 and Group C race cars and 1 1:35 scale Tiger tank. I've also got a couple of scale motorsport kits and a couple Studio 27 kits too...
Pffff... you call that a stash? More like a Stash Lite. Possibly a "Stashette"... ;)

But besides that.... Welcome to the forum!!! Some people will be around for the Initiation Ceremony. Don't worry, the goat has signed a waiver and does it willingly (Well, we guess so... none of us speak goat... but he keeps coming back...)

Also; congrats on your first RC tank! I have sofar found out that the optimum number of tanks is one more than you own right this moment. So prepare accordingly (With a suitable bank loan, ruinous debt or an understanding partner...)

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Tweeky Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Tamiya Tiger 1 eh well you could have done a lot worse and it is so nice to know we have at least one rich member among us :haha:
Lightnings AND DHC1s ,
Memories of flying into RAF Gatow in the good old bad old days,
Surprisingly the Argosy (Flying Tit) backed right upto the Hanger, one hanger door opened and we were told that from that moment on we must never open both hangers doors at the same time,
We Unloaded our Army Aviation Westland Scout Helicopter and wheeled it into the hanger shutting the door,
The Argosy taxied away to fly back to West Germany,
Inside the Hanger were two DHC1 Chipmunks but they both carried identical registration numbers and markings' they were absolutely identical in every way.
We were told that the East Germans and Russians believed there was only one Chipmunk in the hanger and we were not to let them know otherwise although with a watchtower on the airfield perimeter it seemed unlikely to me that the watchers in the tower had not already worked it out :haha:
Sitting on the Taxiway at Raf Tengah in a DHC 2 waiting to join the runway we were told to hold for a Lightning on approach, I was in the right hand seat and I watched the Lightning as it flew low over the trees which were about 500 metres from the undershoot,
Suddenly a puff of gray smoke and the cockpit canopy flew off and the seat (With Pilot) shot into the sky,
The Jets nose dropped and it disappeared into the trees,
A loud bang and a ball of fire closely followed by a very excited RAF Controller shouting into our headsets in very un-controller language, Army Air turn left onto the runway and get the hell out of here :lolno:
We flew back to Raf Seletar hoping the jet jockey was alright,
It turns out that apart from the obligatory spinal compressions he was fine.
Enjoy the Forum and please ask lots of questions and join in any thread that catches your attention :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
DzNile4L
Private

Post by DzNile4L »

Welcome Tweeky, i’m new to the forum too and am currently building a tamiya tiger 1, its the initial version with many missing wheels and a bit of battle damage. Looking forward to seeing how yours goes, cheers
tweeky8687
Recruit

Post by tweeky8687 »

Pffff... you call that a stash? More like a Stash Lite. Possibly a "Stashette"
I've only I've only mentioned a few here but ive got both HK 1:32 Lancaster's the early HK B17, the Tamiya 1:32 Mosquito. The Airfix 1:24 mosquito Three 1:32 Tamiya Spits P51 and F4 Birdcage. 1:24 Hellcat and both Typhoons...........should List the 100-150 1:72/11:48 kits to to my "Stashette".
Last edited by tweeky8687 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”