Hello from Washington State(USA)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
oddballseattle
Recruit

Hello from Washington State(USA)

Post by oddballseattle »

Hi,
I am currently building my first RC tank. I am converting the Dragon 1/6th Sherman Tank kit model to RC. I am modeling it after Oddballs tank in Kelly's Heroes. This site looks very useful.

thanks!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hello from Washington State(USA)

Post by tankme »

Welcome. Yes the site can be, but there are so many Brits hangin' around... :) I heard one of them talking about trying to put a tax on my tea. That's a definite "no go". LOL
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Welcome to a very friendly board. I just sent you a PM, because I'm building the same thing. Great minds think alike! -Mike
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Welcome! Another Oddball's tank is always fun ;) Check out my topic about it:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30184
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Sir!

Building the 1/6 Dragon into Oddballs M4 will keep you busy for a few months/years! ;)

I have one I going to build into a USMC M4A2 one of these days! :)

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Timbo68
Private

Post by Timbo68 »

tankme wrote:Welcome. Yes the site can be, but there are so many Brits hangin' around... :) I heard one of them talking about trying to put a tax on my tea. That's a definite "no go". LOL
Welcome from across the pond! Coffee is great in the States, but generally rubbish over here. With tea it’s the other way round, but that’s because you guys try to make it by throwing it in the harbour… :D
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

Oddballseattle

Hell-o from southeastern Pennsylvania, and welcome to the forum.

I am also in the process of converting a Dragon Sherman to RC. Unfortunately in my case the progress to day has be slow. I’m using conversion items available from Spyker Workshop. If you haven’t already I’d suggest you checkout his You Tube videos. His products are well thought out and 1st class quality.

I recall an old saying that “things run in 3s”. With you, Mike and myself working on the same project it’s must be true :thumbup:

Regards.

Frank
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

Kaczor wrote:Welcome! Another Oddball's tank is always fun ;) Check out my topic about it:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30184
That is looking amazing!!! I will probably have a lot of questions for you in the future!! Thanks for sharing.
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

thestig wrote:Oddballseattle

Hell-o from southeastern Pennsylvania, and welcome to the forum.

I am also in the process of converting a Dragon Sherman to RC. Unfortunately in my case the progress to day has be slow. I’m using conversion items available from Spyker Workshop. If you haven’t already I’d suggest you checkout his You Tube videos. His products are well thought out and 1st class quality.

I recall an old saying that “things run in 3s”. With you, Mike and myself working on the same project it’s must be true :thumbup:

Regards.

Frank

Yes, Ryan at Spyker has been great and so has John at East Coast Armory
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello OBS,

My Wife and I called the greater Puget Sound area home for 12 years before moving back to the Mid West. You've come to the right spot for advice, guidance, and general inspiration for your build. But I guess you have already figured that out by meeting some of the other member's! Hope you enjoy this place!

Cheers and a big welcome too,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”