Hello from Washington State(USA)

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: Hello from Washington State(USA)

Post by jee »

hello, nice start into the hobby :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

EAO wrote:Hello OBS,

My Wife and I called the greater Puget Sound area home for 12 years before moving back to the Mid West. You've come to the right spot for advice, guidance, and general inspiration for your build. But I guess you have already figured that out by meeting some of the other member's! Hope you enjoy this place!

Cheers and a big welcome too,
Eric.

Thanks for the welcome! I did the opposite. Grew up in the Mid-West and moved to the Puget Sound.
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

jee wrote:hello, nice start into the hobby :D

thanks!!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

oddballseattle wrote:
EAO wrote:Hello OBS,

My Wife and I called the greater Puget Sound area home for 12 years before moving back to the Mid West. You've come to the right spot for advice, guidance, and general inspiration for your build. But I guess you have already figured that out by meeting some of the other member's! Hope you enjoy this place!

Cheers and a big welcome too,
Eric.

Thanks for the welcome! I did the opposite. Grew up in the Mid-West and moved to the Puget Sound.
Hello OBS,

Seems I've confused you (my Wife says my ability to confuse people is one of my inherent strong points :/ :lolno: )! We both grew up in Wisconsin, moved to Seattle, then moved to Missouri. We really liked it out there, but just couldn't get the Mid West out of our blood!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
AGKPeiper
Lance Corporal

Post by AGKPeiper »

Howdy pardner.
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

Kaczor wrote:Welcome! Another Oddball's tank is always fun ;) Check out my topic about it:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30184
Your tank looks great!! How did you do the music?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Heavens to Murgatroid, OddballSeattle: I thought I had said "Hi" a few days ago, but something went wrong--likely my brain. From nearby Milwaukee (Wisconsin, not Oregon :) ) I have taken the Amtrak Empire Builder to and from Seattle over ten time. It's fun out there by you. I will certainly enjoy photos and news of your build.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome OB!. :wave:
I'm inclined to associate Seattle with Grunge, rain, and Frasier (which was set in Seattle, but actually filmed in LA- maybe because of the rain :D ). Now, it's going to host a 1/6 Sherman. Excellent!
I see that Dragon produced a 1/6 1c Hybrid Sherman Firefly, back in 2014. It's a pity that it's not still available.
https://www.monkeydepot.com/1_6_Model_K ... bd1290.htm
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/thread ... ad.721152/
:| I would certainly enjoy building one. DO post lots of photos of your progress.! :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Morebread
Recruit

Post by Morebread »

hi oddballseattle.

Nice to see another seattle resident on the forum. Im not a 1/6 modeler but look forward to seeing and hearing about your progress.

MB
oddballseattle
Recruit

Post by oddballseattle »

I posted some updated pics of my build on the Other Builds forum. I am still learning how to navigate this site. I hope that is the right spot!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”