Tanker cherry lookin for help/advice

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
GenWileE
Recruit

Tanker cherry lookin for help/advice

Post by GenWileE »

Yup, I'm a cherry. My grandsons got me into racing RC trucks. My younger years got me in RC drag racing but my love was always WWII strategy games (Campaign Series, Panzer Blitz, Squad Leader, etc.,). So, I've always been intrigued by 1/16 scale armor and purchased my first. Came here looking for help.
Rob1970
Corporal

Re: Tanker cherry lookin for help/advice

Post by Rob1970 »

Welcome, and for your own (wallet's) sake; step away from tanks. I bought my first about 5 weeks ago, and I now own 3. And number 4, 5, 6 and 7 are on the way. So in short;

RUN!!! Don't look back! Take up stamp collecting or bird watching!!! ;D

But seriously; welcome. I like WW2 armour, and I've got a Heng Long Sherman that is slowly turning into a Firefly. If you like to tinker and modify stuff, tanks are an awesome platform. And you can go as crazy as you want.

What did you get as your first tank?

TTFN,
Rob
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Hello! We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
We have a diverse and worldwide membership and it would be of use to you if we knew where you are because we are better able to bring you in contact with your nearest club/dealer,
So just what item of 1/16 r/c armour do you have ? Bearing in mind Rob1970 very good advice what is next on the Tanks I must have list :lolno:
We welcome questions (Preferably about r/c armour as our collective knowledge about deep ocean thermal outcroppings is I am sorry to say quite limited),
Enjoy this place and if you discover a thread that interests you please join in. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

Welcome.
As was stated, feel free to ask your questions about this wonderful hobby (also please do try and use the search feature first however).

Start small, get sucked in, have the Mrs. complain about all the space taken up by Tanks and parts, and "Junk". Welcome to the addicition..
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings GWE,

That's funny, I was just thinking about Avalon Hill games just the other day! I used to play Squad Leader all the time as a kid. In fact I still have it somewhere in the basement! I was wondering how many member's of the Forum may have played these board games when they were bored! :crazy: :/ :haha:

Anyway, good to have you along! Truly a great place with tons of info and advice with anything you may need help with! An amazing group of guys too! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”