introduction

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Boettie1956
Recruit

introduction

Post by Boettie1956 »

Hi all /my name is Stephen and I hail from North Cornwall, I own several helicopters ( still trying to learn). I have now purchased an early Tiger 1 Teigen tank and was impressed I now require a second one which has just arrived. only this one has an IBU2U full option board. I have connected a fly sky I6X radio with a 6AB receiver. I have connected up as an IBus, my intentions when I get everything to work is to have servos in all places. presently I have a servo recoil set up on the barrel but I can not get it to fire the Airsoft gun, I am waiting for Ian from RC tanks Electronics to get back to me. seeing as there no clubs nearby me I am concentrating on bb type tanks and am trying to use balloons as level of taking hits as seen on a online video. Lets hope the wife is not better than me. He He.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: introduction

Post by jarndice »

Hi Stephen,Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
My fascination with aviation is large scale fixed wing,
All my experience with helicopters is in the full size military versions,
Mostly abseiling with a smideon of casevac, :lolno:
What I did notice was that the possession of two brains and four arms and a ballet dancers dexterity was a prerequisite for a helicopter pilot.
If I was ever lured down the path to r/c helicopters I think I would start with a drone to develop any putative skills I might possess.
Ahh But the Taigen Tiger 1 early :thumbup: Now we are talking,
One of mine has an IBU2Pro board and Ian's help as everyone who has any dealings with him will tell you was superb even setting up my radio, What a star.
You are obviously infected with the bug having made your second purchase,
If you have any questions please ask, There are no stupid questions on this Forum, If you don't know something then we can help.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Boettie1956
Recruit

Post by Boettie1956 »

Hi jarndice i have just sent some photos to ian awaiting a reply. my one heli is a new GPS and even if you have never flown before you can fly it. it will just hover if you let go off the sticks and fly back to home at the touch of a button, thus its attraction (but not to hard core Flyers) hence the tanks i just like the detail and building, not keen of IR as yet but who knows what develops. I nnow have 2 tigers maybe it is time to look around he he not with (she who must be obeyed looking)
Boettie1956
Recruit

Post by Boettie1956 »

+
hi all just an update my unit is all up and working the recoil problem was actually the airsoft unit had broken gears thus was turning motor when firing but not pulling the spring back whew! i made the assumption that because it was new it was ok. anyway now to build it all up and replacing motors with servos,
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome! You will fit right in here and likely be a help to others given you skills at modifying RC electronics and mechanicals, too.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Stephen,

As our good Herr Dr. noted, you sound like a perfect fit with this group of fine Gentlemen here on the Forum. Best place to be anywhere! Glad you got your Tiger sorted out, Ian is indeed a great guy! Glad to have you with us!

Cheers,
Eric.

P.S. And watch out for your Wife! I know all about this, just take a look at this post of mine:viewtopic.php?f=150&t=31744 Good luck!
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”