New forum member

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Andy427sc
Recruit

New forum member

Post by Andy427sc »

Hi all

I’m a relative newbie to the world of RC Tanks. Ex model boater but please don’t hold it against me....

My son in law is to blame. He’s had a HL M4A3 Sherman for years... so I took the plunge and got a HL Pkfw VI Tiger 1 with metal tracks... and an M4A43 standard.... and have just ordered the Torro LCM3 from Germany....

I guess you could say I’ve reverted to type :D :D

Look forward to swapping dit’s with all ya’ll

Andy
jarndice
Colonel

Re: New forum member

Post by jarndice »

Andy Hi and Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Great to hear about the Tiger 1 which is easily the most popular 1/16 r/c Tank in the hobby this being reflected in the massive range of aftermarket upgrades available for it and the M4 which unlike the Tiger will fit nicely on board the LCT,
I hope you enjoy this place and just out of interest given that we have a worldwide membership whereabouts are you to be found?
Ask lots of questions and please if you have answers don't keep them to yourself.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Welcome, just have fun, cool tanks by the way :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

Welcome to the forum! You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... oh wait, that was Mos Eisley...
But then again... we must be cautious...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hi Rob1970,

It's always easier to deal with our obsessions when there's someone to blame! :clap: I've used this method many, many times! Nice collection, enjoy yourself here!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Andy427sc
Recruit

Post by Andy427sc »

jarndice wrote:Andy Hi and Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Great to hear about the Tiger 1 which is easily the most popular 1/16 r/c Tank in the hobby this being reflected in the massive range of aftermarket upgrades available for it and the M4 which unlike the Tiger will fit nicely on board the LCT,
I hope you enjoy this place and just out of interest given that we have a worldwide membership whereabouts are you to be found?
Ask lots of questions and please if you have answers don't keep them to yourself.
Hi Colonel Jarndice

I have to agree the Tiger is a very different animal from the M4... the M4 is a pussy cat.... its docile, obedient and is a bit like a certain brand of wood treatment in that it does exactly what it says on the tin...

Love to go to the sand pit with my son in law and grandson and do the Monty at El Alamein bit... it’s an awesome bit of kit for the money is the HL Sherman.

But the Tiger... only played Rommel in the desert once with the Tiger.... it’s deffo a forest animal as it didn’t do well is the sand... :haha:

I can’t believe how much time I spend ‘maintaining’ the Tiger... 8O . and that’s not a gripe... it’s just a fact. 8)

I’m a Brit, ex Londoner now living in the wilds of Wiltshire.... :S
Andy427sc
Recruit

Post by Andy427sc »

Rob1970 wrote:Welcome to the forum! You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy... oh wait, that was Mos Eisley...
But then again... we must be cautious...
Hi Rob...

‘These are not the Tanks you’re looking for...’ 8)

Appreciate the welcome....
Andy427sc
Recruit

Post by Andy427sc »

jee wrote:Welcome, just have fun, cool tanks by the way :D
Hi Jee...

I’m assuming the M4 and Tiger 1 are the staple diet of tankies...

Mind you there’s hardly a surfeit of allied tanks to chose from that I can find which are in the affordable range.... but then it could be in knowing the places to look...

What are you running? (is that the right terminology?)

Thanks for the welcome

Return to “Introduce Yourself”