Grumpy old Dutchman signing in...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Rob1970
Corporal

Re: Grumpy old Dutchman signing in...

Post by Rob1970 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Goodness, Rob, you sure are welcome! I wonder what your IQ score might be.
Well, I'm quite intelligent, but I never kept score...
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:...Your English is just like that of a US resident..."
My Australian mum would take that as an insult... I was raised bi-lingual tho...
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:...and your modeling skills make me jealous.
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullsh*t... I'm faking it actually... Or it might be a good 40 years of experience showing through...
Herr Dr. Professor wrote:What is more, you seem to have a subtle sense of humor.
Usually people just call me a sarcastic old fart, so I'm taking that compliment with both hands!
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: You wrote: "...there's a pretty good dyke between us and that... so fingers crossed. " Now when I was a boy, I was taught that the Dutch boy put his finger in the dyke to hold the water back. Now I find you that all he does is cross his fingers!
Meh... since that whole #MeToo-business we're not allowed to stick our fingers in dykes anymore...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Rob1970 wrote:
Herr Dr. Professor wrote: You wrote: "...there's a pretty good dyke between us and that... so fingers crossed. " Now when I was a boy, I was taught that the Dutch boy put his finger in the dyke to hold the water back. Now I find you that all he does is cross his fingers!
Meh... since that whole #MeToo-business we're not allowed to stick our fingers in dykes anymore...
So you cross them hoping you're allowed to be that "Boy"
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hi Rob,

Nice collection. Seems the bug has bitten you...fairly hard too! :thumbup: Good to have you on the best Forum out there.

Enjoy!
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Rob1970
Corporal

Post by Rob1970 »

EAO wrote:Nice collection. Seems the bug has bitten you...fairly hard too! :thumbup: Good to have you on the best Forum out there.
It's a medical condition, Sir. Even have a note from my doctor. See? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retail_therapy

I've been home on sickleave since Januari. Had an accident at work and ended up with a concussion. Been suffering from dizziness and bouts of falling over since then, and about a month ago they -finally- got me a diagnosis that was correct; sprained muscles and vertebrae in my neck from the impact on my head, that were pinching off nerves and arteries.

Being home with nothing to do, or rather nothing I -could- do. I have plenty of hobbies. Model building static stuff (airplanes mostly) or tinkering with my 3D printers and whatnot. Couldn't do any of that because focusing on small stuff at my workbench made me dizzy (because I was bending over stuff and pinching nerves...).

Bored out of my skull... I was told to go play a video game of sorts by my neurologist as a therapy against the dizziness. Over-stimulating the balance centers in my head to desensitize them. So I started playing WarThunder, first airplanes (a bit too much stimulation) and then tanks. Started seeing adds for the Heng Long Sherman. Got a nice bonus from my boss... one thing let to another.

Now I have two tanks, a third one on the way. And eying a fourth and fifth...
Sherman M4A3/Stug III/Panzer III/Panzer IV/Tiger/King Tiger/KV-1/T34-85/Leopard 2A6/Abrams M1A2/Walker Bulldog/Pantiger
Under construction; Sherman Firefly IC - M3 Grant - Sherman BARV
... No, I do not have a problem....
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Ugh,

Sorry to hear about the bad luck! Concussions are nothing to fool with. I've had two bad ones, both on motorcycles. Miss judging a triple jump in 1983 racing motorcross, and a left turning car in 1988. My helmet saved me both times, otherwise I'd be sitting in a chair somewhere eating soup through a straw and drooling all over myself! :lolno: 30 plus years later the results of these two "brain shakes" have left a mark on me that occasionally rears it's ugly head in odd ways. Take care and enjoy the Forum.

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Andy427sc
Recruit

Post by Andy427sc »

Rob1970 wrote:Hi folks,

I'm new! And old at the same time. Kinda... vintage? Rob, from the Netherlands. Long time static modeller (mostly aircraft), recently switched to the Dark Side (armour) and got my first RC tank a few weeks back. And my second one is on the way. Oh, no. I mean my third. Anybody ever tell you those things are addictive?

TTFN,
Rob
Hi Rob... I just realised you’re a newbie to the forum too... you sure have a great sense of humour! :haha:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”