Good Day

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Good Day

Post by awoychosky123 »

Hello Everyone,

Just starting to get into RC tanks after doing a lot of 1/35 AFV. Been a little learning curve but so far I am enjoying my Tagien Panzer III. Truth be told I am a huge StuG III Fan but I don't like late-model anywhere from Ausf A-Ausf D. Unfortunately not having good luck finding anything other than Ausf. G, but that's for a separate thread. Just thought I would pop in and say hello before posting anything else!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Good Day

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! If I ever get a second tank it will probably a Taigen Panzer III.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

I recommend it, they seem pretty solid!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello and Welcome! :wave: I see from your discussion of the Stug III that you know exactly what you are doing. You will fit right in with the wizards here on RCTW, and I can learn from you. :)
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Hello and Welcome! :wave: I see from your discussion of the Stug III that you know exactly what you are doing. You will fit right in with the wizards here on RCTW, and I can learn from you. :)
Danke! :) I'm just a sucker for German WWII history, just ordered the parts I need for my Stug III ausf C/D conversion.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Even with my brand new post cataract lenses care of the National Health Service my eyesight finds 1/35 and smaller just too challenging when attempting detail work which is evidenced by a Tamiya 1/35 Panzer 4 still in its box which has all the Eduard PE and a box of metal tracks as well as a metal barrel all waiting for me to get on with it,
It has waited for some years and I am in no rush to start building it.
So you have my admiration just don't expect any practical assistance :lolno:
Enjoy this place it can be a valuable source of knowledge as well as a little light banter.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

jarndice wrote:Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Even with my brand new post cataract lenses care of the National Health Service my eyesight finds 1/35 and smaller just too challenging when attempting detail work which is evidenced by a Tamiya 1/35 Panzer 4 still in its box which has all the Eduard PE and a box of metal tracks as well as a metal barrel all waiting for me to get on with it,
It has waited for some years and I am in no rush to start building it.
So you have my admiration just don't expect any practical assistance :lolno:
Enjoy this place it can be a valuable source of knowledge as well as a little light banter.
Just finished a 1/35 Tamiya Panzer IV F1 put a metal barrel on it, working suspension, and metal tracks. I also like to make all my 1/35 models with every wheel moveable, they roll on carpet and sometimes hardwood pretty well. So far I am enjoying this forum very much!

43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Some crisp images of neatly detailed models there, Awoy, and welcome to the forum, by the way. :wave:
As with Jarndice, my peepers ain't what they used to be, but I can still appreciate neat handiwork, when I see it. 8O
Moving to 1/16 scale should allow your skills to develop, and progress, in a way we can all enjoy even more. :thumbup: You'll also have all the RC temptations, and options, waiting for you. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:You'll also have all the RC temptations, and options, waiting for you. :D
Oh I know, my interest in RC tanks developed because I wanted my 1/35 tanks to be more realistic, suspension, working tracks, rolling wheels. I tried making them RC but couldn't find a small enough gear box, so I just bit the bullet and got a 1/16 RC and Im glad I did!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Just remember, you did not choose the StuG life, the StuG life chose you!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”