Hi... From Tampa, FL

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Discoken
Recruit

Hi... From Tampa, FL

Post by Discoken »

Hi... I am 85 yrs. old & have just discovered Tanks... Just puting finishing touches on 2, 1/16 Tanks, a Abrahms & a Leopord II, both with metel running gear. I put a Question in the "general" Catagory on Tread Tension and I hope someone can answer................Thanks, Ken
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Hi... From Tampa, FL

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hi Ken and welcome on board. Nice start. A T90 to battle with?
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Greetings Ken,

Welcome to the best (IMO) RC Tank Site. Loads of friendly, knowledgeable folks here willing to share and help anyway they can. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Ken Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I think of Florida as one of the southern counties of Great Britain , Goodness knows there are more of us in the state than in the UK in the summertime :haha: ,
An Abrams and a Leopard,a great combination with great scope including a multitude of camo schemes.
Please ask lots of questions and when you see a thread that interests you jump in with both feet.We are not allowed to deviate from a thread :haha: and yet some of the most interesting ones are wide of the original topic so just go with the flow :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

And a warm welcome from Wisconsin, just 1080 miles away. I agree that a Leopard and an Abrams are a great start!
Since you’re in Florida, are you familiar with Imex/Taigen tanks? They are in your state, and I have bought no few tanks and parts from them. Since I am from and back in Wisconsin, I just can’t understand why Imex never offers tanks with winter camouflage. Can you explain it for all these foreigners here on RCTW?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Discoken, great to see your interest in RC tanks! I think all ages find them fascinating. My Father who turned 86 in May laughs like a madman while running my Taigen Tiger 1 through his garden! It's odd, but when I run over the vegetables I catch hell! He on the other hand, takes out whole rows of things and thinks it's just great! I guess one can never truly stop being a parent, and it is his garden! :D

Sorry, I tend to digress a bit! Glad you're with us!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”