Hello from Germany/Holland.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Barrel808
Recruit

Hello from Germany/Holland.

Post by Barrel808 »

Hi there,
I am a dutch guy living in Germany just across the border.
In my teenage period I made some models from Tamiya and also started collecting, old matchbox, dinky, corgi tanks and miltary vehicles.
Iv'e got a fascination for Code 3 models and RAF trucks and for Solido/ Gaso.Line conversions.
I am about to buy a Taigen Tiger Tank from a seller in the UK who's making a perfect job in regards to wheathering and battle damage.. ( I'm lazy sorry !)
I just bought a hand-made Dingo Scout Car totally made from wood and learning my skills and patience again in restoring it ....
(see my first post)
Thank you all,
Kind regards, Barry
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from Germany/Holland.

Post by jarndice »

Barry Hi and Welkom to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I am most pleased that we have another Dutch member here,
I spent some time in the Army in Germany near the Dutch Border and in the evenings we would drive over to Roermond for real coffee, a large glass or two of oranjeboom :lolno: and be in the company of some of the friendliest people you could hope to meet. Fond memories :D
Enjoy this place and keep us updated on the Daimler :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Barry and welcome along to the forum :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Barrel808
Recruit

Post by Barrel808 »

Now that's a warm welcome, thanks !
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Barry :wave:

We would really like some pictures of your Tiger when you receive it :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Welkom, Willkommen! I saw the pictures of the Dingo, and I concur that it is amazing to know it is made of wood! I agree, too, that it will be fun to see photos of the Taigen Tiger when you get it. Don't worry about not doing your own weathering, etc. To be sure, there are all kinds of wizards here on RCTW who never cease to amaze me with their modeling and electronics skills. But illegitimi non carburundum :P

O.K. Jarndice, let's hijack this Dutchman's thread, as we usually do anyway. So why is Dutch coffee "real coffee"? Isn't German coffee "real"? Here in the US, coffee is generally AWFUL! I have to make my own coffee--and my motto is "It doesn't take much water to make coffee." If the spoon can't stand up in it, it's too weak. Heavens to murgatroid, what is "oranjeboom"? Does it make your head go "boom-boom-boom"?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herr Doktor If you had ever drunk Dutch coffee in the Netherlands and German coffee in Germany you would not be asking the question, Both excellent and both totally different,
Ahh Oranjeboom :thumbup: :thumbup: A most pleasing light beer that we would drink on a Sunday morning while playing cards prior to lunch,
It is I believe available outside Holland as is Amstel and Heineken but as anyone who has drunk the original will tell you export beer does not taste the same :thumbdown: :thumbdown: .
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:O.K. Jarndice, let's hijack this Dutchman's thread
Hey hey hey, we'll have none of that thank you :/

Well, not without me joining in :D

Is it possible to get European coffee blends in the States? If it is possible, may I suggest looking out for an Italian rich roast blend :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick we have tried just about every Dutch coffee blend available in the UK and alas it really is not the same as the taste of the beverage in it's native land,
I have drunk Tiger beer outside of Singapore and it tasted quite different,
We had a great laugh on the base when we got hold of a WHICH Magazine test of Light/Lager Beers, Against "Tiger Beer" was printed the warning, "Not fit for human consumption contains a number of known poisons" :thumbup:
Whenever we were hauled out of the Jungle by an RAF Wessex in the middle of the cabin floor there would always be a case of Tiger beer "Nectar" :clap: :clap:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois. I was in Holland way back in ‘79 on vacation. The Tiger 1 is my favorite tank and the only one I have. My favorite coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain. Jet black dark and bitter. No cream or sugar. I suppose I have a fondness for harsher things in life. A few shots of straight espresso is also quite pleasing.
Now what were we talking about?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”