Hello From USA

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
rxd0302
Recruit

Hello From USA

Post by rxd0302 »

Hey guys,
Just getting into the hobby and found this forum. Seems to be a wealth of information. Currently have a HL Tiger I painted as a 131 tribute and HL Sherman. Next is building my Tamiya Pershing I just acquired!
Attachments
20210314_162748 (Large).jpg
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello From USA

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
I acknowledge the number on your Tiger is the same as is on the Tiger 1 in the Tank museum at Bovington but alas even the most cursory examination makes it clear that yours and the Tank museums Tiger are worlds apart :haha:
It is of no importance at all BUT if you do want to build a more accurate replica there are lots of people on the Forum who will offer help, It would not be an expensive exercise although most of the fun in Tank builds in my opinion is the research which allows for personalisation that makes any Tank exclusively your own :thumbup:
One of the best things about the 1/16 r/c Tiger 1 Tank is that no matter whether it be Heng Long/Taigen/Torro there is a plethora of upgrades available and in most cases these parts are interchangeable between Model makers :thumbup:
I fear this does not apply to the "MATO" 1/16 r/c Tiger 1 which is in a world of it's own.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
rxd0302
Recruit

Post by rxd0302 »

I totally understand what your saying and know I'm far from accurate. It was a exercise in starting to learn to airbrush and tanking. My 6 year old son doesn't know the difference and loves it :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum rxd0302 :wave:

It would appear, like myself, you have joined the rather huge "my first 1/16th tank is/was a Heng Long Tiger1" club.
Although mine was a Christmas gift, I did steer my daughter's in the right direction ;) that was after trawling the internet thinking I must be able to beat the price of the weekly part Tiger1, which worked out ridiculously expensive.
It's always good to see a Tiger1 painted for
Desert warfare :thumbup:
You must share your experience when you build your Tamiya Pershing.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

rxd0302 wrote:I totally understand what your saying and know I'm far from accurate. It was a exercise in starting to learn to airbrush and tanking. My 6 year old son doesn't know the difference and loves it :haha:
I was absolutely NOT criticising the work that you have carried out, merely offering help in bringing accuracy to what Heng Long market as a toy and thereby elevating it to a genuine scale model,
There are a couple of pretty easy free mods that you can carry out that are the sign of someone who knows his Tigers,
Great when the family knowitall starts out telling you all about the Tank and you can then point to the way in which you removed the excess radio aerial holder (That's the one on the left side of the engine bay)with a craft knife and one of your wifes nail buffers, (By the way in this hobby all references are taken from the drivers position) and how you moved the Turret cupola to the correct position :haha: Which is 20 to 8 using the 12 hour clock yours I note is presently at 10 past 3,
Just put a knife blade through a cupola vision slit and lightly lift and the glue will give way and you then shave off the locating knob underneath and glue the cupola in the correct position. :thumbup:
After the success of those two jobs you will I fear be trapped in this hell hole we laughingly call a hobby and my lady calls a money pit :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

rxd0302 wrote:I totally understand what your saying and know I'm far from accurate. It was a exercise in starting to learn to airbrush and tanking. My 6 year old son doesn't know the difference and loves it :haha:
Welcome :wave:
I know exactly what you are talking about. My son doesn't notice the difference either, and if he doesn't, so am I. The most important for us is the "fun factor" and that is to spend as much time together as possible - as long as my son wants to "play" with his old man hahaha.
Barmonkey
Recruit

Post by Barmonkey »

Welcome to the forum fellow new person! I think you did a fine job with your tribute repaint.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello, rxd0302, from somewhere in the US of A. The Tiger I is a most popular starter, and although some of us did not start with a Tiger I, we have so many now it's laughable. Did you do anything with the HengLong Sherman? Although most of my tanks are Taigen or custom, I did just recently get two HengLong Shermans, one of which is "on the bench" right now becoming a winter camouflaged version of an M4A3 (105) from 1945. Please do show us your Tamiya Pershing---before you build it, while you build it, after you build it.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard from Southern Illinois and jarndice is one of the main reasons I pursued this hobby past the rtr phase. He cost me a lot of money and many hours of pleasurable accurate modeling. The Tiger 1 is the only tank I have so it gets much attention. Rad Schuhart is another member to be aware of. He got me hooked on top shelf electronics and radio excellence. It can become a very deep rabbit hole! Please post pics of your tanks when you can.
rxd0302
Recruit

Post by rxd0302 »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. The HL 6.0 Modified Tiger I is actually my second tank. 1st was HL 6.0 Modified Sherman. Only thing i really did was get the longer barrel, problem was it was to long so I cut it down to what I calculated to me right for the 76mm. Technically some field upgraded Sherman's had this turret, but the mantlet is definitely wrong! Maybe i'll make one some day but for now me and my son get to battle Sherman vs Tiger I. The Tamiya Pershing is still in the box, it maybe a fall project, but i don't know if I can wait that long! I'll create a build when the time comes.
Attachments
20210615_190115.jpg
20210615_190115.jpg (47.86 KiB) Viewed 672 times

Return to “Introduce Yourself”