Hello from America

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
MedalofHonor2
Recruit

Hello from America

Post by MedalofHonor2 »

Hello, Hobbyist here.
I am designing and creating engines as a hobby. I want to make a few tank engines as a project in the near future, and I am hoping to get some good advice and possibly post some projects here down the road. My War Thunder IGN is the same as my username.
Support me on war thunder: http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r ... _116099362
To-Do
Wright Continental R-975
Ford GAA V-8
Chrysler A57 Multibank
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello from America

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, MOH2 :thumbup: When you say you're creating engines as a hobby, do you mean static engines, or ones that will actually produce power and motion? :) :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
MedalofHonor2
Recruit

Post by MedalofHonor2 »

I'm gonna work on some real gas-powered ones, like miniature scale replicas
I do need to take some more CAD classes before I get to work
Support me on war thunder: http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r ... _116099362
To-Do
Wright Continental R-975
Ford GAA V-8
Chrysler A57 Multibank
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Cool! Fellow American here who somehow got shanghai'd years ago & ended up across the pond to the west of the States. I'm from WV - what state do you call home?

Looking forward to seeing some of your work. Metalwork is like black voodoo to me - best I stay with plastics & wood. :haha:
MedalofHonor2
Recruit

Post by MedalofHonor2 »

I'm from the corn state of Illinois. Lots of farmers down here.
I'm not sure if you can call what I'm doing metalwork, because most of it is going to be 3-D printing with metal and resin.
I have a friend with a plasma cutter, hoping I can negotiate with him ;) .
To-Do
Wright Continental R-975
Ford GAA V-8
Chrysler A57 Multibank
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome. I live in Wolf Lake down in Union county.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome MoH2,

I don't want to live where corn don't grow! :D Born and raised in Wisconsin, moved to Seattle, now back in the Mid West. Missouri, to be exact! Actual running, fossil fuel burning, scale models would be so cool! As a kid, I've seen many scale replicas of antique farm tractors, steam engines, and stationary gas engines that ran and used the same fuel as there bigger namesakes. These were done long before computers and 3D printers...you know old school! I'm sure all the advances in technology will make this endeavor of yours much easier. I'm sure our good Herr Dr. can also chime in on this too.

Very cool project, best of luck to you.
Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”