Hoi from Holland

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
panzerrob
Recruit

Hoi from Holland

Post by panzerrob »

Hi all,

My name is Rob and I live and work in the Hague. I'm married, no kids and work as a security guard in an international organisation, where I also met my German wife.
My main hobby is the German armed forces in the 2nd World War, building 1/16 German armor, and sometimes 1/32 modern jets.
My armor builds are now only static, as I am not so active (actually, not at all!) when it comes to driving with the RC tanks.
Although last year I finished a Tamiya Kingtiger with Elmod sound, and I bought the RC Schwimwagen. Both have completely empty batteries right now, I expect.
My current build is a Hybride Panther: Wecohe hull, Tamiya turret, Atak zimmerit, SBS Model detailed parts and more.....
I like to visit Armor museums whenever I have the chance. One of the museums on my bucket list was Kubinka/Patriot Park. Well, I have visited it, but it is still on top of my list, so hopefully I will return some day!

Here are a few photo's:

My mellon in a cold Moskow during rehearsels for the May Parade.

Well, I thank you for reading my little introduction,
With regards,
Rob
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Hoi from Holland

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Very warm welcome Mr Rob from a balmy Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand.
You have so many good things going on there I don't know where to look ;)
I too have travelled (remember that?, travelling ?) to various battlefields & museums of note around the world, and Kubinka remains one on the bucket list.
As for the May Day Parade through Moscow, I even tried to convince a girl I work with who is Russian- Moscovite, who wants to get married in the Kremlin(apparently its an actual thing) to do so the week before the parade so us hangers on can see the parade & then go on to other notable destinations in the area :shifty: :shifty:
My idea was given some merit, she lacks the right partner to make my plan come together though :problem: :/

Great to have you along mate, I'd love a few snaps of the Panther 'Berg' if you take requests ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Welcome Rob, models look great.

Guess you haven't been to Moscow this year :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, Rob!. :thumbup: I don't think I've seen a selfie in an intro before, until yours appeared that is. :D
Those cabinets, full of treasures, say lots about your passion for modelling. :clap: I'm sure your models with beating electronic hearts ( the RC ones...) will also get lots of admiring looks! :wave:
Personally, I've been to quite a few military museums, but Saumer and Kubinca remain on my 'to see' list.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Rob and welcome to the forum :wave: that's a very nice collection that you have amassed, I think I spied a famo there also, that is something that I wish to add to my own fleet :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Rob,

That is one nice collection of armor there! Very, very nice! You Gent's across "the pond" make me very envious, I'd can only imagine visiting all those museums and battlegrounds...maybe someday?! At any rate, you've found a great place here! These guy's are the best! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I am sorry I did not find your introduction until three days later, Rob. I am impressed by the assembled armor (and etc.) in your display cabinet. What excellent work! I also saw your Jagdtiger with its crew and your Sturmtiger in progress. Bravo! :clap: Bravo! :clap: Bravo! :clap: Three cheers for your skills and patience to do so well.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”