Tor ro speaker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Inspector slugo
Recruit

Tor ro speaker

Post by Inspector slugo »

Hi everyone on my first got to tank and would like to upgrade the speaker seen one at 8watts is this ok and how do you get the old one out thanks
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Tor ro speaker

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome,
Making that change could be easy with a Torro/Taigen tank, but much will depend on the room for a speaker and just what you want to accomplish. Let us know which tank you have (i.e. Torro Tiger I or Torro Pzkw. IV) and what you are trying to accomplish (is there a problem with the current speaker? ...do you want it louder? ...do you want different sound?

Hi, again, from Wisconsin, USA
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Inspector Slugo,

Space is definitely a defining factor. RC Tank Electronics carry some very nice Visaton speakers. I have the FRS7 in my Taigen Tiger 1 and love it. One must also be mindful of the ohms though, as some boards require a certain number. I'm far from the best one to advise on this matter, but a search here should help you out. Other's will chime in to help too. Definitely tell us what tank you have and where you're located, that will help sort things out too!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Inspector slugo
Recruit

thanks for response the tank is a torro king tiger which has a plastic upper hill ALL the rest is metal .the sound is good but the speaker makes it sound you like ,a toy a more bass speaker would sound a lot better .I do not know what the details of the speaker are ,but it is the same size as the heng long are one which I think is 1/2 a watt do not know what the ohms are and I cannot see how the speaker is fixed to the plastic inner tray I would just like the sound more life like and to know how to remove the speaker thanks for help
Inspector slugo
Recruit

I am in the uk
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Inspector Slugo,

I'm sorry I have no experience with Torro tanks, as I only have a Taigen. I do know that some different maker's are knockoff's of other maker's and many parts are interchangeable (i.e. Torro = Taigen?). Try posting your question in the Electronics\Extras Forum and/or Other Builds Forum. Someone's sure to have the knowledge there to help you out. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
KenCO
Recruit

Post by KenCO »

Hello inspector Slugo,
Based in the UK, Most UK tank groups are active on farcebook! Try RCTank Regiment they are based in the UK and will be running meets in June (sorry for the plug) - lots of help there as well!
Regarding the Torro Speakers the ones they come with vary. I presume you have opened up the tank- it would be useful if you told us which tank you have?

Standard Torro speakers often look like this
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... aker_.html
Personally I buy my own - Visatron FRS7 or 8 and then 3D print a case, there are plenty of free 3D stl files for speaker boxes for example https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4244152. I have made cases from Plasticard as well, then line the base with felt or similar material to get rid of the synthetic sound.

I usually rip (remove might be a better description :haha: ) out the standard electronics out then either go for an Elmod or Arduino option (depending on what suits my plans and available funds - one requires a lot less work but Arduino is fun).

Speakers are a matter of personal choice- Just like HiFi - speakers are a science of their own!
Lots to explore and lastly the sound file is just as important, if its rubbish output will be........
Hope this helps
Have fun with your build!
Inspector slugo
Recruit

Thank you for your reply it is a torr o king tiger and the speaker looks like the Taigen one on their web site cost £7.99. I will look at the bids from one of it will fit

Return to “Introduce Yourself”