Hello from Dorset UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tc9571
Recruit

Hello from Dorset UK

Post by tc9571 »

Hello all i've been having a good look around the forum and thought it was about time I dipped my toes into the forum and introduced myself.
I have a couple of Heng Longs the tiger and abrams which i'm currently enjoying !
My other interest that i'm beginning to take more of a back seat to is costuming(mainly Star Wars/sc-fi) and prop building.
Just getting to grips with 3d designing after years of printing bits and pieces for my other hobby.

All the best

Lee
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from Dorset UK

Post by jarndice »

Lee, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
It is nice that you have embraced both the historical base of this hobby with the Tiger 1 and moved onto the Abrams,
I know that the other members with 3D Printers will be interested in your projects and we will all want to be kept upto date with your Abrams progress :thumbup:
We thrive on questions so please ask away and enjoy this place.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Tubby
Recruit

Post by Tubby »

Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum

I'm new here myself

Hope you find what you're looking for here

Regards

Sam
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Dorset, my favourite part of the country. Poole Harbour windsurfing, Swanage railway, Weymouth and Portland (superb views from the prison!) and so much more. Oh, and that little tank museum..... Lucky you!

Do you have any good radio control model shops near you? I expect you'll be growing your army soon enough. Hope you enjoy the forum
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

As an aside,While I was driving on the Agency I had to go to that Prison on the top of the hill with its wonderful views of the Jurassic coast,
(I was delivering to the Prison Shop),
I backed the truck upto the unloading bay but the pallets of 1 litre bottles of soft drink were too heavy for me to pull up the ramp with a pump up truck so the prison officer co-opted a couple of inmates to give me a hand,
Ace blokes hard working, chatty, Friendly, good to be in their company,Job done, shook their hands in gratitude and off to the gate,
As I was being checked out at the main gate the officer told me that those "Chatty Friendly Blokes" would only be leaving Prison by the brass handles :shh:
He went on to say that between them they had probably half filled a graveyard with their workmanship. :shifty:
In the course of my brief time on the Agency I have been to the Isle of Wight to THAT Prison where the GOVERNOR reminded me to close the cab window :lolno:
and to a number of other Category 1 institutions and the only ones I felt unsafe in were the Cat 4 open prisons like Ford and the one on the Isle of Sheppey :thumbdown: and one devoted totally to sex offenders in Cambridgeshire, Creepy.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tc9571
Recruit

Post by tc9571 »

Tubby wrote:Hi Lee

Welcome to the forum

I'm new here myself

Hope you find what you're looking for here

Regards

Sam
Thank you :D
tc9571
Recruit

Post by tc9571 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:Dorset, my favourite part of the country. Poole Harbour windsurfing, Swanage railway, Weymouth and Portland (superb views from the prison!) and so much more. Oh, and that little tank museum..... Lucky you!

Do you have any good radio control model shops near you? I expect you'll be growing your army soon enough. Hope you enjoy the forum
Thank you,
I grew up in the Weymouth and Portland area and in the summer it's beautiful but the winters are cold damp and windy !

As soon as Bovington is open i'm going down to stroke 131 :S :D

There's a nice model shop in old Poole.Real old school with all the kits,paints and bits and pieces that you forget you need until you see them .
tc9571
Recruit

Post by tc9571 »

jarndice wrote:As an aside,While I was driving on the Agency I had to go to that Prison on the top of the hill with its wonderful views of the Jurassic coast,
(I was delivering to the Prison Shop),
I backed the truck upto the unloading bay but the pallets of 1 litre bottles of soft drink were too heavy for me to pull up the ramp with a pump up truck so the prison officer co-opted a couple of inmates to give me a hand,
Ace blokes hard working, chatty, Friendly, good to be in their company,Job done, shook their hands in gratitude and off to the gate,
As I was being checked out at the main gate the officer told me that those "Chatty Friendly Blokes" would only be leaving Prison by the brass handles :shh:
He went on to say that between them they had probably half filled a graveyard with their workmanship. :shifty:
In the course of my brief time on the Agency I have been to the Isle of Wight to THAT Prison where the GOVERNOR reminded me to close the cab window :lolno:
and to a number of other Category 1 institutions and the only ones I felt unsafe in were the Cat 4 open prisons like Ford and the one on the Isle of Sheppey :thumbdown: and one devoted totally to sex offenders in Cambridgeshire, Creepy.
It was my displeasure to work for the prison service from 91-99,bloody awful job ! I worked at the cat D on the isle of Sheppey and Portland believe it or not ! I'm now working in aviation hence why I have so much time on my hands at the moment 8O
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Welcome, although I am a new member myself :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
tc9571
Recruit

Post by tc9571 »

jee wrote:Welcome, although I am a new member myself :D