Hello from Pennsylvania

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Ksnfme
Recruit

Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by Ksnfme »

117409967_10213975232973628_5629173683264642694_n.jpg
Hi all

after combing this forum for about a month and digesting the wealth of knowledge on here I finally decided to join.
I hope this is a good alternative to the RC Tank facebook groups. FB just seems such a hassle anymore, banning posts, suspending groups and users, its rediculous. These are mostly WWII tanks on a hobby platform and they dont seem to want them. Anyway, enough with the rant. I have an Henglong Pro Tiger1, a Torro Pro Panther G and a static henglong jagdpanther that I am currently working on starting with my first IBU2U board. looking forward to chatting with you all.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by BarryC »

Welcome sir! :clap:

That's a very nice looking Tiger you've got. :thumbup:

Lots and lots of knowledge here to take advantage of.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome, and rant away!. I see your tastefully decked out Tiger has quite a few 'kills' to its credit; anything to do with 'Facebook' personalities? :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from a fellow Yank. That is definitely a nice looking Tiger. Unlike most people here I only have one tank. A Tiger of course.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Welcome
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Ksnfme,

Welcome! Facebook...meh. :/ Never joined, never saw the point! Wonderful Tiger, got to love a good Tiger! :thumbup: I'm the same as Jimster, only one tank....yup a Tiger 1! :crazy: But I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

Enjoy the Forum, the guy's here are the best!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Facebooks (WHO THEY) loss is our gain, We don't play favourites when it comes to which generation of armour to concentrate on,
Lots of us started with the Tiger 1 and because it was cheap in comparison with Tamiyas £800 Tiger1 we would buy a £100 Heng Long and because it is not exactly fault free :lolno: :lolno: You either give up on 1/16 armour or you get sucked in to this brilliantly frustrating hobby and spend a LARGE fortune fixing it :haha:
After that lies penury and a very close knit group of similar minded fanatics.
Enjoy this place and ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hey, that's a respectable Tiger I: my Shermans had better r-e-s-p-e-c-t it! Welcome in the hatch, PA, from WI!
BTW Jim and Eric: ONE Tiger each?! Whatsamaddawichuzetwo? Get out there and spend, spend, spend!
thestig
Lance Corporal

Post by thestig »

From another member in Pennsylvania, welcome to the group!

As you have probably already discovered there is a scarcity of RC tank enthusiasts in the states.

I have a Taigen Tiger 1 and Sherman. Both are a # of years old, but after repairs and some mods they still run strong.
Buried in a closet is a Tamiya Panther which my daughter gave me years ago . Someday I’ll get around to building it.

Currently I’m in the process of converting a 1/6 Dragon Sherman to RC. This is proving to be a long term (and sometimes frustrating) project.

Enjoy the group. There are amazing modelers here (unfortunately I’m not one of them) that are very willing to help
with problems and freely share their knowledge.

Stay safe.

Frank
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Hey, that's a respectable Tiger I: my Shermans had better r-e-s-p-e-c-t it! Welcome in the hatch, PA, from WI!
BTW Jim and Eric: ONE Tiger each?! Whatsamaddawichuzetwo? Get out there and spend, spend, spend!
Our good Herr Dr.,

I have a Wife who has placed me and my lowly allowance on double secret probation! :{ :/ But, I'm planning on something in the near future (hopefully)! :think: :shifty: At least Jim has his kubelwagen and his flat bottom gun boat! :haha:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”