SoCal R/C Tanker

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

SoCal R/C Tanker

Post by SoCalBobS »

Hi from Southern California. I ended up at this forum because I'm starting a Takom Panzer 1 r/c conversion and saw the excellent build thread here. I'm a regular at the Hobby Squawk forum which is associated with motion RC. I just finished a Vandra conversion of a M3 Lee from a Heng Long M4 Sherman. I've updated a Heng Long 27mhz M26 Pershing to v.6.0 2.4ghz. and a Heng Long Sturmgschutz III from 5.3 to 6.0 level. I'm waiting the Vandra kit to convert a Heng Long Panzer IV to a StuG IV.

I used to own a number of HL tanks about a decade ago. There sure has been a quality and function improvement in the interval. Anyway, hi guys, it's great to be part of a community of like minded enthusiasts!
M3 Lee 24 - Copy 305.jpg
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: SoCal R/C Tanker

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: that's a very nice looking M3 you have completed there :clap: I have the same vandra kit sitting on an heng long Sherman lower hull but unfortunately it's got stuck waiting on the production line with all of my other on going projects :/ please feel free to post any other pics you have of it or your other models :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Gotta find a quick way to shrink my photos before I start posting. They're all off my iPhone and default size is ~4mb.
Renault FT, British WW1 Mk. 4), Pz 1A DAK, 1B, II L, III, StuG III, PzKpfw IV, StuG IV, King Tiger, T-34/76, KV-1E, T-35A 3DP, Zik-2, T-90, M3 Lee, M4 Sherman, M26 Pershing, M41 Bulldog, M1 Abrams. In the works: Ram II, Pz 1 Breda. :crazy:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome SoCal! :clap:

I "know" you will find this to be your home for all things RC Tanks. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
SoCalBobS
Lance Corporal

Post by SoCalBobS »

Let's see if this photo is accepted...a resize attempt. HL's PzKfw III. if I've figured out the way, I'll post more in the gallery.
Panzer III 15r.JPG
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Tearing them down and building them up both different and better makes you a natural on this Forum,
It is pretty much what most of us seem to do :haha: :haha:
If you have questions we have answers, If you like a thread we want you to join in :thumbup:
Enjoy.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Great photos, SoCalBob! Your experience is going to be great here! I also have a Takom Pzkw. I and it is one of a few possibilities of light tanks I am considering for RC conversion, so you can show me how to handle all the mechanicals! :)

Then, too, I have recently bought two HengLong Shermans. (Usually I stick to Torro/Taigen.) My other HengLong tanks are about ten years old, and the improvements in electronics are just as you say.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome SoCalBobS,

Very nice photos! Glad to have you with us! Enjoy!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

Welcome along, try using the Tapatalk app, you can post pics directly from your phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”