New, ofcourse, from Russia/Netherlands

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Re: New, ofcourse, from Russia/Netherlands

Post by jee »

Meter rat wrote:Welcome Jee,
Not in your league of building a house, but we are modernising an old US military house near Holy Loch, Argyle and Bute, Scotland, where the US submarines were in the Cold War.
One tank is never enough, along with model railways , and rusty old Citroen cars. You will definitely end up buying more.
I have just gained permission from the domestic authorities to convert the loft to my own Play room.
Regard Ian
Thanks, sounds cool to modernise such a place :D
Just looked on google maps and that looks also like an awesome area there....

You have great domestic authorities :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

EAO wrote:Hello again Jaap,

Sorry for the delay, life intervened again! :/ You Wife sounds like a keeper! Very crafty way to wriggle another tank into the equation too! :thumbup: :clap:

Best regards,
Eric.
See is definitely a keeper :D
I showed her the thread of @Jussek, and see said, well you can choose, you built a birdhide (birdphotography is my first hobby) or you make a panzodrome for yourself :D
Regards,
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

"...you build a birdhide (birdphotography is my first hobby) or you make a panzodrome for yourself." No problem: you build a Panzerdrome in which to hide multiple bird cameras. Just make sure the Panzerdrome includes a number of Fliegerabwehrkanone. Those birds could start bombing the tanks and buildings. :O
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:"...you build a birdhide (birdphotography is my first hobby) or you make a panzodrome for yourself." No problem: you build a Panzerdrome in which to hide multiple bird cameras. Just make sure the Panzerdrome includes a number of Fliegerabwehrkanone. Those birds could start bombing the tanks and buildings. :O
Hmm, I was already thinking to combine both options but didnt think yet about the dirty bombs they can drop :'(
Regards,
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jaap,

Once again your Wife has proven to be a keeper! She gave you a choice! :thumbup: My Wife also gives me choices "It's Her way, or Her way, or the highway! :wtf: :/ :think: :lolno:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Welcome to the madness on here, i think you will fit in perfectly
Don't forget to share what projects you are working on
Enjoy
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

So, I took everyonce advice and bought 2 more tanks, just one is not enough :D

I promised my wife not to buy only "fascist" tanks, so I ordered an KV-1 and a Jagdpanther from Henglong.

Both with metal gear, tracks and sprockets, but old electronics.

For now it will work (batteries charging while we speak) and later on I will put in better electronics
Attachments
IMG_20211016_135716small.jpg
IMG_20211016_134902 small.jpg
Regards,
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Even when I have plans to make changes, it's always fun to run 'em bone stock for the first time. Here's a bit of a tip for later from my modest experience: space is tight in the KV-1 (and KV-2). I have Taigen KV-1s and KV-2 that have external ports for battery charging. Whew, that's a help, for I have a devil of a time getting the battery to wiggle in around the the smoke unit and upper hull release, all the while packing (and pinching) in the wiring. Maybe the HengLong KVs somehow fit more readily. Regardless, the KV's are menacing beasts to look at.
More than fifty years ago, I build a Tamiya 1/35 Jagdpanther kit, it must have been one of the first brought into the US. Over the years of career with no modeling, I kept thinking about the Jadgpanther, sort of a bunker in motion.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

The heng longs have a battery hatch on the bottom, so changing and charging them is not a problem. only you can't go through water obviously :D

Check the tanks, the jagdpanther is fine and everything works. The KV-1 unfortuantely has one motor that doens't work. after opening the tank it turns out one of the cables is broken from the motor. so as soon as i have time, I will solder that back.

The jagdpanther is an old favorite for me. When I was very young, I once got a 1/16 tamiya from my oldest brother. He was in the navy and somebody started that kit but never finished it. So he took it and gave it to me. It was even before RC. It had 2 engines but controlled via a yellow cable, there were 2 handles to control the engines :D Unfortunately I didnt realize at that time the value, so I played a lot with it, but when it was broken, it was thrown away. Wish I still had it :D
Regards,

Return to “Introduce Yourself”