Hello from York UK

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
whitewolf
Recruit

Hello from York UK

Post by whitewolf »

Hi,
Having been a static modeller for over 30 years I decided to branch out and build my first R/C Tank, namely the Tamiya All Option King Tiger. This forum was highly recommended and I look forward to learning a few things and no doubt seeking assistance!
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from York UK

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
We gladly offer assistance but we will never try to interfere in your Build, It is yours and it will be your ideas that makes it what it will be,
It is just nice to have that scarcest of commodities in our mix,
"A wealthy member of the Forum" :haha: :haha:
Do you have any idea yet what your next Tank is going to be? (Oh yes you will :lolno: )
Please do ask lots of questions and we will try hard to answer them (Correctly) :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Welcome in board! From York then, so you'll be a fan then of the old LNER. You also have a great museum on your doorstep.

The King Tiger is a great looking tank and quite a big build. One early tip - consider now if you want to apply zimmerit. I have four King Tigers and the one with zimmerit is my personal favourite. It makes the fixing of all detail parts and artwork far more difficult but it's worth it. There's plenty of advice here so use the search feature. Hmm, for all l know you've already built a static example ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome! I spent a few years In Knaresborough as a kid- not too far from York. All very nice, but not a patch on the Highlands- to which I've been repatriated :D
Static models are fine for staring at; but their RC cousins have so much more to offer (debt for instance :haha: ). Do enjoy your KT when it arrives. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! You’ve already met some of our finest members and there are many more here to help if needed.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome WW,

Glad that you've found this Forum! The best of guy's here with amazing talent! We do have a Forum section for static models, so do post some pics of what you've been working on before the RC bug hit! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hi there! As Eric says, there is a place for photos of static models, too. (hint, hint) I have one of the old static kits of the Tamiya 1/16 King Tiger, and I hope to build it someday as a static model. "Someday," however, can be applied to a whole lot of projects in my case.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Welcome to the madness and enjoy your move to RC
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Tubby
Recruit

Post by Tubby »

Welcome to the forum
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

Welcome, Sometimes I wonder a bit what the average age is here, as most people seem to have a lot of years experience :D
Regards,
Jaap :wave:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”