New to the group

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Dandyfunk
Recruit

New to the group

Post by Dandyfunk »

Hello All, Thanks for letting me join. I am a long time RC guy. I enjoy all facets of the hobby and have owned at least one of everything at some time. With the exception of a tank! I have been watching some Youtube videos as of late and am curious about which venders/brands ect that one should look at. I am located in Sacramento California. Very new to tanks and ready to learn. Thanks DF.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: New to the group

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard. Here’s a link to a reputable seller here in the US: https://www.taigentanks.com/
Are you interested in WW2 tanks or more modern tanks?
Dandyfunk
Recruit

Post by Dandyfunk »

Thank you, I will check them out.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi DF Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You are already aware of how deep your pockets have to be to finance R/C so just to reassure you that this portion of the hobby is no cheaper than Aircraft or boats :lolno: :lolno:
The ever helpful Jimster has given you the address of one of the Lower 48s straightest dealers BUT I would be doing homebase a disservice if I failed to mention that the UK has some top quality dealers who besides taking your money offer something that is dying out and that is GREAT Service :thumbup:
Enjoy choosing your Tank it is a fun part of this hobby that never tires.
Ask lots of questions and we will try hard to give you (Correct) answers :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome from a Wisconsin-born boy and retiree. I have lived all over the country, including LA. Sacramento has to be a great place to live. Like Jim, I, too, have had good experience with Taigen Tanks out of Florida. (My savings, of course, have suffered some over the years. :haha: )
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Dandyfunk,

Whatever brand you end up choosing, you've found the best place for ideas, upgrades, inspiration, and help! Enjoy the Forum!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”