New guy from British Columbia Canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Rustytreads
Recruit

New guy from British Columbia Canada

Post by Rustytreads »

Hey there,

New to RC tanks. I've been a casual RC guy for years but got more into it this past year. My first RC tank arrived a couple weeks ago, a Heng Long Tiger 1. I've started a repaint on it and I've ordered 3 more tanks so it's safe to say I'm hooked.

Hopefully I can use my growing collection to rope some friends in.
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: New guy from British Columbia Canada

Post by Jarlath »

YAY! More fellow Canucks!
I'm in Onterrible myself...
Rustytreads
Recruit

Post by Rustytreads »

Doesn't seem like there's many of us up here.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Mr. Rustytreads,

It truly sounds like you have been bitten by the RC Tank bug! :thumbup: This is an amazing place! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Tanker1 just joined a day or so ago. He's in the next Province over, Alberta. Still not like a short drive though! :/ I believe that there are more Canadian's on here than you'd guess....just kind of spread out! :haha:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Rustytreads wrote:Doesn't seem like there's many of us up here.
You're all moving across to this forum with your cousins south of the border ;)

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Rustytreads :wave:

You've done the same as me, first the single 1/16th tank, a Tiger1 then made a single order for three more lol, mine was for a Porsche King Tiger, Leopard 2A6 and a M41 Walker Bulldog. All Heng Long, then it got even more out of hand, another order for two upgraded Taigen winter Camo tanks, a Panzer IV and a T34/85. Then the fever really set in, and it got even worse. Best lock up your wallet, or you'll lose all hope of being cured from this deadly tank virus.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome Rustytreads--great moniker! What "three more" tanks did you order? A few years ago, I tried your ploy, "Hopefully I can use my growing collection to rope some friends in." One of them bought some more, and the other is rebuilding a stock HengLong Tiger I as an early Tiger I.

Hey, SoG, let's not scare the man from BC. Really, 43 tanks..? :think: I am afraid to count, but I could be worse/better. :S
Tanker1
Recruit

Post by Tanker1 »

Hi Rusty,
As someone else mentioned I just joined the forum last weekend from Alberta.
I have purchased a Tamiya tank to get started and a second one on the way sure to be more to follow.
Rustytreads
Recruit

Post by Rustytreads »

Thanks for the welcome all. So the three on order has become 5. All heng long. Tiger 2, leopard 2, 2 Sherman's and a T34. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a Taigen panther and trying to convert it to Heng Long IR. Not sure how practical that is though.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A word of caution, I started with Heng Long (A Panzer 4) and my last purchase was an HL Abrams and they are great value for money BUT unlike Tamiya products they are and always were Childrens toys and flimsy,
You must be prepared to strengthen parts and be ready for failures of just about any standard part or fitting,
If you are prepared to spend a little time and money on a Heng Long Tank it will reward you with hours of pleasure :thumbup: but leave it as it came out of the box and it will let itself down in a week :thumbdown:
Enjoy the Forum and ask lots of questions.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

jarndice wrote:Hi, Welcome to the Forum Image :wave: :clap:
A word of caution, I started with Heng Long (A Panzer 4) and my last purchase was an HL Abrams and they are great value for money BUT unlike Tamiya products they are and always were Childrens toys and flimsy,
You must be prepared to strengthen parts and be ready for failures of just about any standard part or fitting,
If you are prepared to spend a little time and money on a Heng Long Tank it will reward you with hours of pleasure Image but leave it as it came out of the box and it will let itself down in a week Image
Enjoy the Forum and ask lots of questions.
A very timely post jarndice, as in finding out on my son's Heng Long Tiger 1 we've had since Feb 27th. So far both drive sprockets have come off several times, just redone then today with loctite blue. I had to refit the tracks from new as the we misaligned, had one suspension arm fall off and battery was junk.

Anyway no bother as upgrades are planned,. Be good to compare progress Rusty as it seems we started with the same tank more or less

It's good to have input from around the world

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”