bonjour à tous

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Tank addict
Recruit

bonjour à tous

Post by Tank addict »

hello to all of a frenchy

I was born on June 6 and I live next to a high place of history in Normandy. It is therefore natural that I am inspired and attracted by everything related to the landing of 44.
I have always done naval and airplane model making and since the 70th anniversary of the landing I have embarked on the land vehicles which participated in the landing.
I am reviewing the decoration of my tanks, a half metal sherman, a volwerine and a tiger 1 full metal and an LCM3. at the same time, I am currently making an AEC matador and an Opel Blitz. I discovered the site while looking for solutions to make wheels and tires for my trucks and I found your site really interesting and although you English people drive on the left i.e. on the wrong side of the road I like you...
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: bonjour à tous

Post by EAO »

Ha! :haha: Glad to have you with us! It does indeed sound like you're a Tank addict! You're lucky to live in such a hallowed area as Normandy! You also have a very significant Birthday, as far as military history goes! It would be very odd indeed, if you weren't interested in all things military!

Hope you enjoy this Forum, it's the best one going! Amazing group of talented guys, with all sorts of knowledge, in all areas of RC! :crazy: Take some pics of your collection when you have time! We love to look at pics and/or videos!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Tank addict wrote: you English people drive on the left i.e. on the wrong side of the road I like you...
Welcome to the forum. You certainly come from a place that is full of history. We are a friendly bunch and there is a wealth of knowledge and experience.

I would point out, though, that we in the UK actually drive on the right side of the road, which is the left. . Europe drives on the right side of the road which is wrong!
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Tank addict
Recruit

Post by Tank addict »

we agree, humor has no borders
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Tank addict wrote:we agree, humor has no borders
:thumbup:

Bienvenue! Yes, well, the Swedes also drove on the 'correct' side of the road until 1967; but the Japanese, Australians, Indians and many others, also still drive on the 'Brittanic' side. Perhaps your Bretons should also drive on the left too, as they originally came from the British Isles!. :D

Anyway, I'm sure there are many here who would love to see pictures of your projects!. For me, especially (since I remember them from childhood) pics of the AEC Matador!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I remember being briefed on the Matador gear change, "Clutch in, out of gear,paper between fingers, fill the paper with baccy, roll paper, lick, put in mouth, clutch in, in gear, light fag, (For our American members Cigarette) drive on" Yes it was a slow change but it was the handbrake that could kill you,There was a knack in getting it to engage :lolno:
By the way am I the only one here who remembers Handbrake gear changes ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Wheels and tracks makes you a natural on this Forum,
I look forward to you keeping us up to date on your builds.
Enjoy this place and do ask (And answer) lots of questions.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

43rdRecceReg wrote:
Tank addict wrote:we agree, humor has no borders
:thumbup:

Bienvenue! Yes, well, the Swedes also drove on the 'correct' side of the road until 1967; but the Japanese, Australians, Indians and many others, also still drive on the 'Brittanic' side. Perhaps your Bretons should also drive on the left too, as they originally came from the British Isles!. :D

Anyway, I'm sure there are many here who would love to see pictures of your projects!. For me, especially (since I remember them from childhood) pics of the AEC Matador!
I do believe It is possible to drive on the left side of the road all the way from Pakistan through India to Myanmar (Burma) to Thailand onto the Malaysian peninsula and down to Singapore without having to revert to the wrong side of the road at any time, (Roadworks and roving domestic and wild life excepted)
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I’m not sure where all the hillbillies around my area are from but half of them drive in the middle of the road. 8O
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:I remember being briefed on the Matador gear change, "Clutch in, out of gear,paper between fingers, fill the paper with baccy, roll paper, lick, put in mouth, clutch in, in gear, light fag, (For our American members Cigarette) drive on" Yes it was a slow change but it was the handbrake that could kill you,There was a knack in getting it to engage :lolno:
By the way am I the only one here who remembers Handbrake gear changes ?
Hmm ..vaguely, perhaps it was on an old Fordson tractor I drove. However, double-declutching on cars without synchromesh on first gear, was still expected, and had to be done smoothly, when I did my driving test
(and passed first time.. :D ).
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”