Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Sure you may call me "prof"; "Ed" works, too. It's a joke. Here in the states, few people--much less "stoonts"--call a professor "Dr." "Hey you" is more common. In Germany the formal title is "Herr Dr. Professor." When I retired, I took on the moniker as a joke.
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby gavlar0 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:45 pm

Thank you for all the advice guys, it is really appreciated. I have made more progress in a few days than in weeks...

I will find a way to keep you updated with progress, apart from some aging etc, i'm pretty much going to let the upgrade happen as it gets broken, its going to happen with a boisterous 9 yr old driving, not to mention the BB's... I get shot, way too often and he is has an uncanny aim.
gavlar0
Recruit

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:05 pm

...nine-year-old? Ha! One of my 75-year-old pals fires his BB Abrams at his college-age granddaughters. Fun!
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby jarndice » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:29 pm

gavlar0 wrote:Thank you for all the advice guys, it is really appreciated. I have made more progress in a few days than in weeks...

I will find a way to keep you updated with progress, apart from some aging etc, i'm pretty much going to let the upgrade happen as it gets broken, its going to happen with a boisterous 9 yr old driving, not to mention the BB's... I get shot, way too often and he is has an uncanny aim.

A word of advise if I may,
I would not use the provided BB pellets because the pellet seam has a tendency to catch the seal in the "Airsoft" mechanism and tear it,
You then have to strip down the Turret and the "Airsoft" gun to gain access to the seal :thumbdown:
For not much money you can buy bags of one hundred 6 mm BB pellets c/o E-Bay that are polished and seam free :thumbup:
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby gavlar0 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 pm

Thanks, good advice, I learned the hard way a few years ago with a chieftan we had so now I have some decent airsoft bb's

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
gavlar0
Recruit

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello and and a belated welcome to the forum Mr gavlar0 :wave:

Also the rubbish cheap pellets can get stuck in the barrel.
I use these pellets with good results. They seem good quality at a reasonable price.
Attachments
20210321-175918.jpg
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby gavlar0 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:28 pm

Thanks son of a gun, I was going to reach out to you as I have a problem with the drive wheels coming loose, I'm still working my way through a post on the issues though

gavlar0
Recruit

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Tell us about the problem. I will watch for your posting.
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:28 pm

gavlar0 wrote:Thanks son of a gun, I was going to reach out to you as I have a problem with the drive wheels coming loose,

Why me :think: what have I done wrong 8O

Whatever it was, it must have been that Shaun ;)
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby jarndice » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:57 pm

Over the years most comments have been about my screws being loose nothing was ever said about the Wheels :haha:
Shaun
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby gavlar0 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:49 pm

Ok so I'm not sure where I should post it but I would like to start a post on the Tiger 1 project, the problems, the pictures, the successes etc. Can this be in one place or should it be split into relevant areas?

gavlar0
Recruit

Postby silversurfer1947 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:01 pm

As it is a Heng Long Tiger, I would open a thread in the Heng Long builds, and post it all in there - photos, achievements, disasters ( hopefully not too many), problems, ideas. Whatever comes your way.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:08 pm

If you plan over time to upload photos of your progress and explain your triumphs and frustrations, I suggest posting under "HengLong builds" at https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=22. If I am wrong, I count on Herman Bix or others to correct my suggestion. :)
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Postby Captain Hilts » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:54 pm

Hello Gav. The IMAX B6AC charger was my first charger and still is. Good all rounder for the money . :wave:
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Postby jarndice » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:14 am

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Sure you may call me "prof"; "Ed" works, too. It's a joke. Here in the states, few people--much less "stoonts"--call a professor "Dr." "Hey you" is more common. In Germany the formal title is "Herr Dr. Professor." When I retired, I took on the moniker as a joke.

Before I joined the service after five years of two days a week release at a Technical college as well as three evenings a week I completed my Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering which made me officially an Engineer,
Boy how I wish I had achieved that in a German College because they know how to big up people with such a qualification ---Dr Ing :clap: :clap:
Whereas I got a piece of paper that no one ever looks at :'( (The positive is that when I joined the service I was exempt education in the list of qualifications I needed for promotion )
The lack of recognition of peoples qualifications in this country is quite disgraceful most especially when you consider the cost in time and money that students expend while they see former schoolmates earning large amounts of cash and spending their evenings and weekends on the razzle,
Try telling a 17 year old that he will be the better for it in the future :lolno:
My lady returned to Loughborough University to finish her studies some years ago gaining a Doctorate and nobody ever calls her Doctor and that after all the hard work and years of study seems most unfair. :thumbdown:
So Herr Doctor Professor I have nothing but the highest regard for the hard work you have put in to get where you have,
I just hope you think it was worth it :thumbup:
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Herr Dr. Professor » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:55 am

The whole experience of my sixteen years of post-secondary education and twenty-nine years of college teaching and so much more, always challenging and never lucrative, was unexpectedly interesting and brought me the friendship of caring people of integrity from all over the US. I have been fortunate.
Herr Dr. Professor
Corporal

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself