Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Latest Geordie to join the ranks.

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Sure you may call me "prof"; "Ed" works, too. It's a joke. Here in the states, few people--much less "stoonts"--call a professor "Dr." "Hey you" is more common. In Germany the formal title is "Herr Dr. Professor." When I retired, I took on the moniker as a joke.
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thank you for all the advice guys, it is really appreciated. I have made more progress in a few days than in weeks...

I will find a way to keep you updated with progress, apart from some aging etc, i'm pretty much going to let the upgrade happen as it gets broken, its going to happen with a boisterous 9 yr old driving, not to mention the BB's... I get shot, way too often and he is has an uncanny aim.
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

...nine-year-old? Ha! One of my 75-year-old pals fires his BB Abrams at his college-age granddaughters. Fun!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

gavlar0 wrote:Thank you for all the advice guys, it is really appreciated. I have made more progress in a few days than in weeks...

I will find a way to keep you updated with progress, apart from some aging etc, i'm pretty much going to let the upgrade happen as it gets broken, its going to happen with a boisterous 9 yr old driving, not to mention the BB's... I get shot, way too often and he is has an uncanny aim.
A word of advise if I may,
I would not use the provided BB pellets because the pellet seam has a tendency to catch the seal in the "Airsoft" mechanism and tear it,
You then have to strip down the Turret and the "Airsoft" gun to gain access to the seal :thumbdown:
For not much money you can buy bags of one hundred 6 mm BB pellets c/o E-Bay that are polished and seam free :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thanks, good advice, I learned the hard way a few years ago with a chieftan we had so now I have some decent airsoft bb's

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and and a belated welcome to the forum Mr gavlar0 :wave:

Also the rubbish cheap pellets can get stuck in the barrel.
I use these pellets with good results. They seem good quality at a reasonable price.
Attachments
20210321-175918.jpg
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thanks son of a gun, I was going to reach out to you as I have a problem with the drive wheels coming loose, I'm still working my way through a post on the issues though

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Tell us about the problem. I will watch for your posting.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

gavlar0 wrote:Thanks son of a gun, I was going to reach out to you as I have a problem with the drive wheels coming loose,
Why me :think: what have I done wrong 8O

Whatever it was, it must have been that Shaun ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Over the years most comments have been about my screws being loose nothing was ever said about the Wheels :haha:
Shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”