Hello Everbody

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
bananajet
Recruit

Hello Everbody

Post by bananajet »

Hi Guys, I'm normally into RC aeroplanes but have just acquired an ancient(?) Heng Long Panther to try and get some experience with model tanks. (Not much flying opportunity at the moment -thanks Covid!) I'm retired (ex RAF) and need something to keep me occupied and out from under my wife's feet! The Panther is a very early example and I hope to be able to upgrade it from 27MHz to 2.4GHz (I haven't used 27Mhz for over 30 years, so I may need some help from you experts out there! Regards
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello Everbody

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: plenty of info available for upgrading the electronics on your tank, take a look at the heng long and electronics section of the site and I'm sure you'll find some useful tips to help you along :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

If you already have a six-channel transmitter, you are likely to want to go to an Elmod or Clark or other (and there are more) aftermarket receiver, replacing the HengLong crystal wonder. Any will give you better control, sound, etc., etc., etc. Take some time nosing about viewforum.php?f=77. It might help if folks have a good idea of what experience you have with RC airplane electronics, so they can give you understandable advice. The range of electronics abilities here include amazing expertise---those whom I want to ask, "why-don't-you-just-build-your-own-complete transmitter and receiver, patent it and sell it to us"? And then there's me: "Tell me about the rabbits, George."

How old is the Panther? Can you give us a date or stock number or photo? That way the wizards here can tell if you have a Panther or a "Pantiger" and how much you might want to do to it besides electronics. Happy addiction!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr bananajet :wave:

We have a few forum vendors that are very good reliable suppliers of upgraded and aftermarket boards.

maxmekker for all things Clark.

Tankbear for all things IBU.

forgebear for the latest Heng Long and Taigen control systems.

They can all be found at the bottom right of the board index page under Vendors, where you will find the rest of our vendors for various other things.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Bananajet,

Long ago, I used to fly...um,er,crash RC planes. :/ I have had better luck with RC tanks...no landings! :D

Our good Herr Dr. has cracked me up again, and without knowing it, perfectly described my knowledge of electronics "Tell me about the rabbits, George"! :lolno:

I'm sure you'll find your answers here. There's no better place to be for RC Tanking!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”