Hello all

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
CrowBeard
Recruit

Hello all

Post by CrowBeard »

I did a fair bit of static modelling when I was younger, mostly tanks, had a motorised remote control Chieftain (with wires from the tank to a handset with 2-lever controls) some time later I had the Tamiya RC Hummer, but I have been away from modelling in any form for many years. Joined here as a 'lurker' a while back when I started researching how I might get back in to the hobby.

Personally I'm not a fan of ready to run out of the box, I'm only really interested in kits I can build myself, so as an experiment have just picked up the 1/16th Taigen early Tiger I kit (TAG 12501) because it will give me an opportunity to start with a 'relatively' cheap build, and I know there are options for various upgrades both mechanical and on the detailing and accuracy front.

My ultimate goal is an Armortek 1/6th kit, but cost aside, space is currently the biggest limiting factor on that front.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Hello all

Post by Jimster »

Welcome! Glad you finally came aboard and it sounds as if you have a solid plan figured out. You have certainly joined the right forum for the best help along the way.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and finally welcome to the forum Mr CrowBeard :wave:

With your kit choice, I don't think you'll be disappointed :thumbup:
As for ready to run, they have their advantages, especially when there is a ton of resin or 3D printed conversion kits made especially for changing those cheap ready to run tanks into a model that's otherwise hard or impossible to get :thumbup:

Yes, large scale tanks are rather desirable, sadly one needs much more space, and a lot more money, especially for a collection of them.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

A belated welcome CrowBeard!

It's good to have you onboard the best RC Tank site going! Enjoy yourself here!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
CrowBeard
Recruit

Post by CrowBeard »

Thanks for the welcome all. Found so much useful info on here already, I imagine I'll have my share of questions to test your expertise.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”