Hello Everyone

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
alanburton1960
Recruit

Hello Everyone

Post by alanburton1960 »

Hello
My name is Alan and I'm from Ipswich in Australia. I've recently started building the Tamiya 1/16 RC Sherman Tank that I purchased over 6 years ago. I purchased the model with a plan to make it my first tank model when I retire, well I have retired and have kept my promise to myself and started the build.

I look forward to sharing my experiences and tapping into the vast knowledge from other builders who have lots of experience with RC tanks. :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Welcome Alan!. I must say, I admire your patience and your ability to keep to a promise for so long!. You must be one of those truly rare beings who can make New Year's resolutions, and actually stick with them :D :thumbup:

Do show us some pics of the long-awaited treat, when you are able to.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! :wave:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

G'day Mr Burton, from the Gold Coast out of New Zealand !
You've found a great place to help with your project should you need it.
Where did you get your Sherman from ?
A local supplier ?

Cheers
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Congratulations on your retirement! It's great, isn't it? Here, here! Yes! pictures and questions will be welcomed before, after, during your work on the Tamiya Sherman.
alanburton1960
Recruit

Post by alanburton1960 »

Thank you for the warm welcome to group :-). It was so long ago when I bought my model I don't recall where I bought it from lol. As far as retirement goes my wife and I have never been happier. We have raised a family worked for 45 years and now we are enjoying the freedom and relaxation that can only come from retirement. I look forward to becoming more familiar with RCTANKWARFARE site and posting updates, pics, etc and replying to messages. Hope evryone has a great day.

Alan
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

A belated welcome Mr. Alanburton1960,

Congrats at making it to the end of the "rat race"! Six years in waiting isn't that bad! That would be about the time it would take me to complete that kit! Enjoy yourself here! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

alanburton1960 wrote:Hello
I've recently started building the Tamiya 1/16 RC Sherman Tank that I purchased over 6 years ago. I purchased the model with a plan to make it my first tank model when I retire, well I have retired and have kept my promise to myself and started the build.
phpBB [video]
Tanker1
Recruit

Post by Tanker1 »

Welcome Allan,

I'm starting my first Tamiya Build shortly myself.
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

:wave: hello

Return to “Introduce Yourself”