Hello from NY

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
SamuraiGreen02
Recruit

Hello from NY

Post by SamuraiGreen02 »

I got into RC tanks through my love of history, and my families own ties to it.
I like to collect items, uniform, weapons, ect pertaining to the Tank Destroyers of WW2, or related to it.
I would like to think I am a bit of a ww2 history buff, and the RC from my love of just building models. This was just the next natural step.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Hello from NY

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard and you’re in good company with many of us sharing similar paths. What part of the planet are you from? I’m in the middle of the USA.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Glad you've taken that 'natural step', then, SG :D Welcome to the Forum for RC tanks, and much more besides. :thumbup:
Any pics of tank destroyers for us? We're nourished by interesting pics, anecdotes and builds: a bit like armour vampires. :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

HELLO FROM N Y !!!
Jimster I think somewhere in there is a subtle clue. :haha: :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Oops. I’m slipping. :{
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
What r/c armour do you have or are you still shopping around?
Enjoy this place and do ask lots of questions :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Jimster wrote:Oops. I’m slipping. :{
Jim, you've been slipping for a while, now you've done toppled over! :haha:

Welcome SG02, you've found the best place to be for all things RC tank related! Tons of ideas, help, inspiration, and anything else one may need. Good to have you with us! :thumbup:

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

And don’t believe everything Eric says. I haven’t actually toppled over in 2 or 3 days now. Now I’ll stop high jacking your thread. Again.
SamuraiGreen02
Recruit

Post by SamuraiGreen02 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:Glad you've taken that 'natural step', then, SG :D Welcome to the Forum for RC tanks, and much more besides. :thumbup:
Any pics of tank destroyers for us? We're nourished by interesting pics, anecdotes and builds: a bit like armour vampires. :D
Yes. I have some armored related objects that I can take pictures of!

M10/Achilles: A visual history of the U.S. Army's WWII Tank Destroyer.

Very detailed pictures of both inside and outside of the tank, of rare pictures of assembly line photos, and the prototype M10.

The second I picked up is an actual bit of history. It's an armored forces field manual. It's dated from 1942.

I also have two books from a popular UK author: Ken Tout. I have D-Day to VE Day, and A fine night for tanks. I would like to read the book 'Tank!' but apparently its rare to find and really expensive.
SamuraiGreen02
Recruit

Post by SamuraiGreen02 »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
What r/c armour do you have or are you still shopping around?
Enjoy this place and do ask lots of questions :thumbup:
The first RC tank I purchased was a Heng Long 1/16 Panther that shot bb's and had a smoking engine. For whatever the reason it stopped working one day. I bought a RC Sherman Tank,also from Heng Long which also smoked and shot bb's and the Malto Tank Destroyer, which is the IR type. I am really looking to update the turret interior in how it looks IRL. One of the users here got a working breach in the gun for his M18 Jackson Tank Destroyer, and would like to replicate that for mine. I also would like to get the 1/16 halftrack, which is a hard find as it's sold out. I would like to either modify it, or find someone to modify it for me to turn it into a GMC Gun Motor Carriage with the 75mm naval gun in the back.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”