Newbie to tanks

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Nohj498
Recruit

Newbie to tanks

Post by Nohj498 »

Hi there,
Pre COVID and hopefully after I race RC 1/12 scale stock cars, but boredom set in and I bought a Heng Long Tiger 1 which needed repairing.
That's up and running so have now bought Taigen Tiger 1 metal chassis, and top deck which I've started modding into a late mark Tiger 1.
Few questions are What is best electronics to run lipos as I have spares from racing , which radio gear is recommended and how easy is it to use H/L electrics with Taigen and vice versa.
As you can see I've a lot to learn
Cheers
John :thumbup:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Newbie to tanks

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Welcome! All you need to know is here so run a few searches and do a lot of reading! It's all absorbing stuff so not an imposition! Like you, l have lots of lipos from other RC hobbies but not all tank systems are lipo compatible so l'd recommended you get hold of some high capacity NiMhs. Tanks do not require high discharge rated cells and run for rather longer than race cars!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Newbie to tanks

Post by EAO »

Welcome Nohj498,

Have a look around, lots of expertise and help here! :thumbup: Ton's of info available that'll help you decide which way you'll want to go! Good to have you aboard!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”