Old member getting back in the game

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
SD68
Recruit

Old member getting back in the game

Post by SD68 »

After finally seeing my 2 boys graduate high school it's time to dust off some career projects and get them done. I have a merit Tiger 1 and T-34/85 that I've yet to motorize. I have Clark T20 controllers for both. I also have Bandai 1/15 Tiger 1 x2 with 1 slated to be a Sturmtiger. I also have a Panzer IV, STUG, and Hummel. Going to upgrade all of these with some planetary motors along with TK22s for all. My first dilemma is trying to find 50 pieces of Panzer IV tracks that my used Hummel was shorted. Anyone have any left over from a previous metal upgrade I would love to take them off your hands? Been out of it so long they may be like gold. I could always go the metal route but would like to keep them all the same. I look forward to seeing what is available after an 8 year hiatus.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Old member getting back in the game

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome back to the forum Mr SD68 :wave:

It's good to have finally say hello, hopefully you can have lots of enjoyment out of revamping your old tanks.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Long time, never seen :) I'm guessing- since you mention boys 'graduating from high school'- that you live in the US? It's handy to know your approximate whereabouts, just in case someone has some bits to mail to you, or some suggestions to make about sourcing parts :thumbup:
Looks like you'll have plenty to keep you busy! :)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings SD68,

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy! Enjoy the Forum and the great group of guys on here! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
SD68
Recruit

Post by SD68 »

Thank you for the welcome. Yes I live in a small town in southeast Missouri in the US.
Steve
EAO

Post by EAO »

SD68 wrote:Thank you for the welcome. Yes I live in a small town in southeast Missouri in the US.
Steve
Well possum on a gum bush! :D That puts you in spitting distance of myself and Jimster! Small world! :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
SD68
Recruit

Post by SD68 »

EAO wrote:
SD68 wrote:Thank you for the welcome. Yes I live in a small town in southeast Missouri in the US.
Steve
Well possum on a gum bush! :D That puts you in spitting distance of myself and Jimster! Small world! :wave:

Cheers,
Eric.
Both my boys going to S&T (Rolla). Close to your neck of the woods?
EAO

Post by EAO »

Hey SD68,

Sorry for the late reply, been running around like crazy for a few days here. Yeah, I'm just up the road in Jeff City. Jimster is just across the Mississippi in extreme Southern Illinois. I know Rolla fairly well. We frequented a great restaurant just North of the city. Randy's Roadkill BBQ and Grill. 8O If you go to visit your boy's, give a try sometime.

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”