Oldbie !!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
HALFTRACKJAMES
Recruit

Oldbie !!!

Post by HALFTRACKJAMES »

Hi everyone,

My name is James and I reside in the South of England.

I class myself as an Oldbie as opposed to a newbie as I've been dabbling with R/C Models for more years than I care to remember, or should that be, I can't remember, either way many years.

Cars, planes, boats, electric and nitro, even helicopters.

I must admit I get most pleasure from the building aspect of the hobby.

I'm a retired joiner with a life long passion for motorcycles, at my age I really should consider hanging up my helmet and leathers, or get some stabilisers fitted.

I have a few queries regarding R/C Tanks so will go find the correct section to post a few questions.

Sorry for the waffle.

Keep safe one and all.

James.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Oldbie !!!

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Waffle away, James!
As an alternative to stabilisers, you could always get a sidecar. They come in handy on a trip, for the age-related necessities: specs, walking stick, joint-medication (as in bones- not Rizla papers :haha: ), statins, stannah stairlift catalogue, etc... :thumbup:

All the expertise, and grievances you've doubtless accumulated across the decades, will prove very useful here :thumbup: :wave: Entertaining too, I'll bet!.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

Welcome James,

Sounds like you have plenty of RC knowledge to share. :thumbup:

I too enjoy the building aspect but like model railroading also enjoy the operational side. Far better than sitting on the shelf collecting dust after countless hours of build and details. ;)

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome from the USA! You’ve come to the very best rc tank forum.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello James and welcome to the forum :wave: we have a good few things in common, I'm an ex-carpenter and love my motorbikes also :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome James,

You've found a great place here, tons of inspiration and help for those moments when we need some! We have something in common too, besides RC tanks. Life long motorcyclists here, finally hanging up the gear and helmet back in 2013. Moved onto sports cars, almost the same fun and a little safer too! Good to have you aboard!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”