Just a old newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Bigmother62&
Recruit

Just a old newbie

Post by Bigmother62& »

70 years old and I know I’m in trouble....started life playing toys....I hope this doesn’t mean the grim reaper may be in the area. Just starting a new hobby so questions be coming
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Just a old newbie

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Bigmother62& :wave:

I wouldn't worry about the Grim Reaper, he only wants to reap the souls of Grimms ;) besides, just give him a salvo of BB's up his skeletal butt, that'll teach him to try and get between man and his toys ;)

Anyway, we don't have a shortage of old immature adults here.

Enjoy the forum.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Yes, it's ironic that the adage-'what goes around, comes around' is also true of the ageing process. Many revisit their childhood, and the old toys in the attic, in these so-called 'Golden years'- and the similarities with the formative years don't end there. :/ It's a bit like the Benjamin Button syndrome, but without the Brad Pitt looks :haha:
Do enjoy your new playpen (I'm also 70 + and now unashamedly toddling along, these days :thumbup: ).
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Welcome along Bigmother! A great knowledge group here. Trawl back through old builds in the forum and you will get guidance to let you know where to start. The three main areas seem to be model building, radios and tracking down the bits you need. Enjoy!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Bigmother62& wrote:started life playing toys....I hope this doesn’t mean the grim reaper may be in the area.
Simple solution. Start playing as a kid and then never stop! That'll confuse him.

Welcome aboard. It's never too late :)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Bigmother62& welcome to the Forum!

Seems everything does come full circle! :/ We're all just a bunch of kid's at heart anyway! :D Amazing bunch of guys on here, tons of knowledge, and amazing creations! Have a look around and if a search can't provide an answer, you can always ask! I doubt there's much these guys couldn't figure out! :crazy:

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Sorry for late welcome! Sounds like the crew has already filled you in on this crazy bunch.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

If you want, please tell us more. What tank(s) are you running? ...any other neat toys? Any advice for simultaneously handling an RC transmitter and a walker at the same time :D Ah, me old and nuts, too!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”