New Guy From Oklahoma

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
OKC_Jim
Recruit

New Guy From Oklahoma

Post by OKC_Jim »

Hello fellow forum members,

I'm from OKC, Oklahoma, in the central part of the U.S..

I recently got started in the R/C tank hobby. While I am new to R/C tanks I am not new to R/C. I have been building r/c models for years, mostly planes, but a few ships and cars too. I'm also interested in miniature wargaming.

I've started out with a Heng Long StuG and a Heng Long Sherman and I am in the process of learning more about them. Plan to upgrade the StuG to a Clark TK40S board as soon as the board arrives.

I'm not very good at introductions. If I've missed anything I apologize and feel free to ask.

Jim
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New Guy From Oklahoma

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum :wave: your introduction is just fine sir :D couple of nice tanks you already have there and the new control board you have coming will be a lot better than the standard offerings, so happy modding and please feel free to post some pics of your work when you can :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome alone from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand mate.

I hope you bought along a bowl of 'Ochre' & dipping sauces, with a Dr Pepper wash-down Mr Jim !! you will need both to get through all the info in here.
I have spent a lot of time in OKC but more in Enid.( I almost joined the Marines after a drunken encounter with a recruiter in an OKC bar :shifty: :shh: :problem: )
And a night out with 'fighter-jock' trainees from Vance AFB was one I shall never see repeated........... ;)
Love the state, its so friendly & low-key.
I was in OK a day there was a Tornado that ripped through Hennessy, as if that town hadn't had it bad enough, then that, we were in a car & the radio had an alert come over, my workmate & me were dead-set "take us to see it-take us to see it" ..............The lady that was looking after us was "hell NO you idiots, we are off to a shelter...............spent the afternoon in a reinforced toilet in a building she knew :/ :/

Anyhow, great to have you along & please feel free to put up any pictures of your work when you can :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome Jim,

Always glad to welcome another Mid Westerner!

You've found a great place here. Amazing amount of talent, ideas, and examples to give you hours of pondering!

Glad to have you on board! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
You certainly like doing things the hard way :lolno: beginning with two of the smallest 1/16 r/c Tanks currently available :haha:
I guess the IBU board is a non starter, but Clarks TK series are quite compact and not too bad.
I hope you enjoy this place :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
OKC_Jim
Recruit

Post by OKC_Jim »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Model Builder 4 wrote:the new control board you have coming will be a lot better than the standard offerings:
I'll be glad when it shows up. There's been a mix up in delivery. The shipper and I are working on getting it sorted.
HERMAN BIX wrote: I hope you bought along a bowl of 'Ochre' & dipping sauces, with a Dr Pepper wash-down Mr Jim !! you will need both to get through all the info in here.

I have spent a lot of time in OKC but more in Enid...
There certainly is a BUNCH of information here in these forums, but what is 'Ocher'? lol

Sounds like you have quite the time when you were here. :thumbup:
jarndice wrote: You certainly like doing things the hard way :lolno: beginning with two of the smallest 1/16 r/c Tanks currently available :haha:
I know what you mean. I opened the Sherman up the other day, and while I could tell what went where, I was left wondering how I was supposed to work on it. :haha:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Mmm mm! Nothing like a paper bag of fried okra from the county fair! Welcome from Illinois.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Okra eh !!..............ate a pile ,but never really paid attention to the way it was spelled :/
I was just happy to be there, whatever was on the menu ;)
Garlic Butter Chicken Wings from a small place called "Wings-to-Go" in Enid was a God Sent Revelation too by the way :thumbup:

Great to have you along mate, pictures when you can :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Herman, you’re making me hungry!
OKC_Jim
Recruit

Post by OKC_Jim »

HERMAN BIX wrote:Okra eh !
And here I thought I'd stumbled on to some new Australian snack food. :haha: