Hello from Essex!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Sam_Patmore
Recruit

Hello from Essex!

Post by Sam_Patmore »

Hi All,

A definite newbie to the RC tank scene, but having picked up my first Heng Long early Tiger 1 for a good price. I'm looking to sink into modifying it!

Luckily, the guy I bought it from had already upgraded to metal gears so don't have to worry about that. But as I understand it, the 1st mod I should be going for is a Taigen 2.4ghz upgrade :thumbup:

Will definitely be using the forum and getting deeper into the hobby! :D
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello from Essex!

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum Sam :thumbup: :wave: :clap: , Before you rush off to upgrade your Tiger to a Taigen Control Board I suggest you examine your finances then check out the various alternative Control Boards almost all of which are far better than Taigens V3 including Heng Longs own Version 6.0 :thumbup: Enjoy the Forum.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Sam_Patmore
Recruit

Post by Sam_Patmore »

Oo lovely job, I'll have a look, cheers for that :D
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome aboard! I also started with a stock Heng Long Tiger and to very honest I spent some money upgrading my electronics. I went from stock Heng Long to Taigen V3 to Clark and finally found my happy place with the Elmod Fusion Pro. Of course everybody’s rc tank journey is unique. You will definitely enjoy your Tiger and you have already joined the very best rc tank forum so you’re on your way!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Hello Sam from Essex,

Good to have you onboard! This is the place to be! Amazing bunch of guys here, with insane amounts of talent! :crazy:
I'll have to agree with Jim, I too have an Elmod Fusion Pro board and absolutely love it. However, I have no experience with anything other than the stock Taigen V3 electronics. There are a lot of choices out there, so this Forum will really help you out in making up your mind. Without this bunch of guys I'd just be staring at a "shelf queen" instead of an actual functioning RC tank!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Sam_Patmore
Recruit

Post by Sam_Patmore »

Thanks all!
I liked the look of the taigen for the heavy tank soundboard they do. Will have to do some research into who does the best one!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”