Two tanks and learning.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Two tanks and learning.

Post by tankme »

Yes, it is present in the Indian (as in India) culture.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

761st wrote:Next project: Panzer IV. Ground up and NEVER done before. Soldering is a first!!
This may be a useful watch and read for you :thumbup

:10 silly mistakes to avoid when soldering. - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30291

And this, although there's a link for it within the chat of the first one.

Best solder for rc tanks? - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=25116
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

Thank you SOG! I look forward to it and the links are a great help!
Challenger75
Recruit

Post by Challenger75 »

761st wrote:
EAO wrote:Good to see you back! Nice Sherman! And no, the "crooked cross" isn't banned from this site! Being a UK site the Gent's here have no problems with it.

Cheers,
Eric.
Thanks Eric. I look forward to being part of a group.
I didn't know that the swastika is welcome here in this forum. I do not understand that. Margaret Thatcher would have turned in her grave!

Please delete my account and never call me again!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

C75,

Please read the entire thread to see where this post started and ended. No need for a "knee jerk" reaction. As stated all of us here have the same feelings about the horrors of war committed under the swastika. We leave politics out of it and just play with our toys, irrespective of what country or political beliefs that county may have harboured.

As for Margaret Thatcher I loved the "Iron Lady" and wish there were more like her. Given her sensibilities I think she could of made the distinction between promoting hate and simply playing with historically accurate RC tanks.

Respectfully,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Challenger75
Recruit

Post by Challenger75 »

EAO wrote:C75,

Please read the entire thread to see where this post started and ended. No need for a "knee jerk" reaction. As stated all of us here have the same feelings about the horrors of war committed under the swastika. We leave politics out of it and just play with our toys, irrespective of what country or political beliefs that county may have harboured.

As for Margaret Thatcher I loved the "Iron Lady" and wish there were more like her. Given her sensibilities I think she could of made the distinction between promoting hate and simply playing with historically accurate RC tanks.

Respectfully,
Eric.
Find out more about the history of the swastika and the Reich. I am shocked that this symbol has a pendant and supporters here like you! I don't want anything to do with people like you!

Delete my account!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jesus, whatever happens from now on, I hope this forum does not end like all german forums where every german WW2 symbol can't be showed, not even in the hat of the smallest model figure.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Challenger75
Recruit

Post by Challenger75 »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:Jesus, whatever happens from now on, I hope this forum does not end like all german forums where every german WW2 symbol can't be showed, not even in the hat of the smallest model figure.
with all due respect: my grandfather flew 23 missions over the swastika empire! He gave his life to drain this brown swamp! He now lies at the bottom of the English Channel! God have mercy on his poor soul! He gave his life for the freedom of all of us!

I can't understand why yesterday's Nazi supporters with their swastika flags are still tolerated here!
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Challenger75 wrote:
Rad_Schuhart wrote:Jesus, whatever happens from now on, I hope this forum does not end like all german forums where every german WW2 symbol can't be showed, not even in the hat of the smallest model figure.
with all due respect: my grandfather flew 23 missions over the swastika empire! He gave his life to drain this brown swamp! He now lies at the bottom of the English Channel! God have mercy on his poor soul! He gave his life for the freedom of all of us!

I can't understand why yesterday's Nazi supporters with their swastika flags are still tolerated here!
With all my due respect to your grandfather, nobody here is supporting any Nazi. What is support here is accurate history modelling, free of any political trend.
If you are honest with the world history, there is not an empire that is free of guilt, so every symbol should be banned.
Nobody, I remark nobody is free of guilt, that includes from the Roman empire, to the spanish conquistadores (I am spanish by the way) to british empire, russian empire, germans, and of course don't forget the americans.

If you want the german things removed, a fair thing would be also to remove absolutely every symbol or flag out there, from every country, worldwide.

But I encourage you to look forward and to look at our toys like what they are: Historicaly correct toys, that is it. I believe every modeller here has german tanks, and that does not convert them into nazis, mainly because every modeller here has also american, russian and other smaller countries tanks here.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Mr Challenger75, you have missed the whole point of the conversation.
The swastika and its meaning has NO supporters here.
And anyone that openly supported it and its meaning would be banned from this site.
This whole site is dedicated towards historical modelling of tanks and associated vehicles. We appreciate the engineering of such vehicles. But, as most German tanks of WWII were built under Hitler's instructions and his approval, should we ban them because of that? And, a lot of those tanks were under the direct control of the SS, should we ban their regimental symbols from the tanks?
I had a lot of family involved during WWII, one in a Polish prison camp. My parents stayed close with the rest of their families, and all my family knew I drew war battle pictures on left over lining paper rolls.
As a child, I was told what Hitler and his SS did, and what the swastika symbolised. Because we should never forget.
This forum is in some ways like a museum, most museums centred on WWII display Nazi symbolism, so that we don't forget. With virtually everyone from WWII now gone, it is up to their descendants to remember for them on their behalf.
We do NOT glorify the swastika and what it means here. We do NOT welcome it as a symbol of hate.
We ONLY allow it within an historical context.
Or should we just brush it under the rug and pretend it never happened? Should we be that narrow minded?
I know some people would like for that to happen, especially those that are embarrassed about it all.
But we should never forget, so that we can learn from it, and try to stop it happening again.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”