Two tanks and learning.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
761st
Private

Two tanks and learning.

Post by 761st »

Completely new to rc tanks. Started Nov 2020. Covid induced boredom I guess. Both Heng Long with the upgraded packages. This is the Tiger first day out of the box. The second tank is the Sherman. Since then I have developed a great sense of enjoyment for armor along with a return to scale models. I look forward to contributing to this group.
Attachments
sher.jpg
tig 1920 1080.jpg
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Two tanks and learning.

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: nice couple of tanks you have there, feel free to look around at the sub sections of the site, there's plenty of tips and tricks that you may find useful for your own tanks :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

Thank you Lee. I am enjoying this place already!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Welcome 761st!
An introduction and pictures to boot! :clap: Well done! :thumbup: We really like pictures and videos! Very nice tanks you have there, it would appear that the addiction is already got a firm grip on you! Have a look around and you'll have plenty of ideas for those two pieces of armor of yours.

Enjoy,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Where in the World do you call home? I do hope it is somewhere exotic but wherever you live Please enjoy the Forum :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

jarndice wrote:Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
Where in the World do you call home? I do hope it is somewhere exotic but wherever you live Please enjoy the Forum :thumbup:
Sir Jarndice,
I was thinking the same thing! Did the green grass get you too? Certainly not from the upper Northern Hemisphere! At least not at this time of the year!

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

Thank you all very much! It's good to be here. I am a single Dad (AMEN!!!!!) with a 5yo. WE bought have been biten by rc tanks. He is quite a good driver. Santa also brought him a WPL truck. I too like a good photo. Is there an app you might recommend? I have had to resize 5 times. The excitement of rc tanks was the inspiration behind redoing my room. Yep MY room.

As far as where we are. Well considering how we Americans are viewed by the world these days, I will just say we are in the same place as Dismal World, Tragic Kingdom, where the mouse lives.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

There is an app available called 'Tapatalk' it's very good for uploading photos here and no need to worry about the resizing of them either as the app handles it all, I believe the base version of the app is free but for a couple of pennies a month you can get the paid version which entitles you to a few extra gizmos :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome in from the Gold Coast of Australia out of New Zealand

I'm going Disneyland...............for the Mouse !!
Been there a while ago & it was only the massed crowd & queues that diminished my enjoyment, and thats the same anywhere I go that has a seething mass of humanity. The kids however had a ball!
Have no misgivings, here, you are absolutely welcome from anywhere on the planet. Anyone that has or develops a problem with that theory, gets sent to "the farm with all the other pains in the ass so they can all play happily together" ;)

You have two of the best starters available in the hobby, good choice.
Loads of parts and options available, oh, and a huge amount of research material.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
761st
Private

Post by 761st »

The HL 105 as it sits now in the diorama. Both a WIP
The HL 105 as it sits now in the diorama. Both a WIP
After over a year I found my way back. Updates to follow

Return to “Introduce Yourself”