Hello. Another newbie!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Hello. Another newbie!

Post by Estnische »

I was including you Roy!

Believe it or not, we have plenty of deer down under. I met a stag in our alpine country last time I was riding around there. Fortunately I had plenty of time to see him and give him right of way. We also have Rusa deer in the wooded escarpment behind our housing estate - we have lots of dairy farms adjacent waiting to be subdivided and the deer come down to graze. Occasionally they collide with cars at night.
adm
Recruit

Post by adm »

Just in case anyone is wondering why I haven't posted pics of building my kit yet, I have started with a 1/32 scale Tamiya King Tiger just to ease myself back into modelling and learn how the airgun works. It's kind of sacrificial, so if I f**k it up I wont worry too much!

The first thing I have discovered is that some of the bits are tiny - and my eyes and sausage fingers aren't used to that. Hobby magnifier thing duly ordered....and wife's eyebrow tweezers duly stolen. This shouldn't be as much of a problem with the 1/16 tank!

On the Highlands.....I will probably do the North Coast 500 route on the bike this year - or maybe next. I was going to do it last year, but all the horror stories of thousands of tourists in motorhomes and caravans kind of put me off!
NickCross
Recruit

Post by NickCross »

My name is nick Cross. A good friend on here adlav told me about the group he the one I blame for getting me into this hobby . . I have a few tanks now two pershings tamiya. One tamiya leopard 2a6 torro tiger one an a panther g . Look forward to the group an its chats
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Nick your supposed to start your own introduction
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo Nick, Welcome to the Forum :thumbup: :wave: :clap:
A nice selection of r/c Armour,
Do ask any questions that you want but perhaps you will start your own thread when you do :haha: :haha: Enjoy this place,
Some of these blighters are almost human and offered enough money or drink some of them can even be helpful :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

NickCross wrote:My name is nick Cross. A good friend on here adlav told me about the group he the one I blame for getting me into this hobby . . I have a few tanks now two pershings tamiya. One tamiya leopard 2a6 torro tiger one an a panther g . Look forward to the group an its chats

Greetings Nick Cross via Adm!

Well, you've fulfilled the intro part! :D That is a nice grouping of armor that you have! It would appear that the RC tank disease is already well advanced in you! :clap:

Glad to have you onboard!

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
adm
Recruit

Post by adm »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Heigh Ho, Adm! I will be interested to see the insides of the Tiger kit. Regardless of the reseller, I like the Torro tanks (and the nearly identical Taigen) as a great starting point for those of us without much skill and less courage (i.e. enough money for the tank, but not enough to risk rack and ruin). It would be great to see photos as you open 'er up and then work on 'er.

As to age and preferences for womanly attributes: I'll take a sweet hug and keep the talking frog.
Well, for you (and anyone else interested), I started a build thread in the "Other Builds" section. I hope it is in the right place....

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31111
Robert Johnson
Recruit

Post by Robert Johnson »

Speaking of Riding when I was a kid. My father had a Royal Enfield and a Norton Commando 650. The first bike I road was my fathers Norton. Then I got the bug. My current bike is Ducati Monster. All satin black.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

My first motorcycle was not mine but the British Army's, It was a BSA M20 Dispatch Bike, It was crude, Blo*dy uncomfortable and weighed a ton but it was a MOTOR BIKE :clap: :clap: A short idyll with a Honda Super Dream in the Far East then Lots of Brit bikes,
I finally succumbed to the Japanese pressure and bought a Kawasaki ZF750 and it hurt my backside but it cornered on rails, I was offered a swap and found myself with a ZF750M which was even more uncomfortable but I rode it round almost every circuit in Britain and it never let me down nor did it embarrass me in front of my friends, after that a ZR 750 Zephyr,Which was probably the best looking bike I ever did own then a few Suzuki' plastic rocket ships :haha: but the days of contorting my ever aging body said enough and I settled for a 1200 Bandit which still does a very impressive wheelie on demand from the lights and when I clip on the "Nonfango" boxes on a Saturday morning is an excellent shopping trolley.
I picked up 6 Norton Commando's when I went to the factory in Andover and rode them onto the back of a truck, Tied them down and rode them off the truck in Bishops Stortford later the the same day. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:My first motorcycle was not mine but the British Army's, It was a BSA M20 Dispatch Bike, It was crude, Blo*dy uncomfortable and weighed a ton but it was a MOTOR BIKE :clap: :clap: A short idyll with a Honda Super Dream in the Far East then Lots of Brit bikes,
I finally succumbed to the Japanese pressure and bought a Kawasaki ZF750 and it hurt my backside but it cornered on rails, I was offered a swap and found myself with a ZF750M which was even more uncomfortable but I rode it round almost every circuit in Britain and it never let me down nor did it embarrass me in front of my friends, after that a ZR 750 Zephyr,Which was probably the best looking bike I ever did own then a few Suzuki' plastic rocket ships :haha: but the days of contorting my ever aging body said enough and I settled for a 1200 Bandit which still does a very impressive wheelie on demand from the lights and when I clip on the "Nonfango" boxes on a Saturday morning is an excellent shopping trolley.
I picked up 6 Norton Commando's when I went to the factory in Andover and rode them onto the back of a truck, Tied them down and rode them off the truck in Bishops Stortford later the the same day. :thumbup:
:D I once rode a slow (but very steady) Army BSA Bomba over an obstacle course, down at RAF Wroughton. It had a really comfortable, if uninspiring feel. Much like the Electraglide- I'd guess. That said, given my eyes and bone-breaking ability, I could do with the Bomba these days... :/
Before the R80 RT, I had the Honda Super dream, but the tolerances on that were way too tight; you could strip screwdrivers and spanners -and the skin off your hands too >:< - trying to undo some of the nuts on that engine.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”