Hello from Vegas!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Hywel
Recruit

Hello from Vegas!

Post by Hywel »

Hi folks,

I’ve been a bit of a lurker for a year since I picked up my uber-old-original Tamiya King Tiger. When I bought it it was in horrific condition and obviously I needed to spend more money on restoring it than it would cost to buy a new one...

Fast forward to last November when I lucked upon an original un-run Tamiya Flakpanzer Gepard - the body wasn’t even finished yet! This is my latest project which I’m over investing in (if anyone wants brand new, unused legacy components let me know!).

I’ve got a long history restoring Tamiya cars, buggies and trucks (the 4x4’s are my faves) and I didn’t need to get another addiction, now I have two tanks. I’ve got a bad feeling about this...

I love the content and posts on here, it’s soooooo helpful.

Thanks for letting me in!

- Hywel
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hello from Vegas!

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Hywel and welcome to the forum :wave: great to see you've stepped out of the shadows and come and joined us. As you have learned already this hobby can consume your $$$$ in next to no time :D there's always a new tank you need or this or that upgrade so hold onto your hat ( wallet ) and enjoy the ride :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I'd say Mr Hywel is already familiar with the draining of his wallet ............the poor soul is probably stuck in Vegas waiting for a bus out , its Vegas for crying out loud :haha: :haha:
Welcome along Mr Hywel, I've visited you flamboyant city once, and in the vein of "The Hangover" swore never again :shh: :shifty: :shifty:

Those Tamy KT's are a bit of a crap-shoot(there I go again-Vegas pun :/ ) on condition & state of disrepair if you get an old one, but the Gepard sounds like a hidden gem :thumbup:
Thanks for popping your head up out of the shadows & joining in, bung in a few pictures when you can mate, we like pics.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Hello back at you from Devon, UK
Hywel
Recruit

Post by Hywel »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! There will be pics forthcoming for sure!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Greetings Hywel,

Glad to have you aboard. Yes, the camaraderie and info on this Forum is the best. Do post pics when you have a chance, we really like pics...and or/videos too. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
LordPanzer
Lance Corporal

Post by LordPanzer »

Welcome!! I to was lurking for a while before I had the courage post among these most master RC tankers ;)

All jokes aside can't wait to see what your working on. This hobby is quite addictive.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D ..."a strong heart and a nerve of steel- Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas!" ... That's for gambling, but sometimes they're needed here to manage temptation in this hobby as well :D
Welcome, Hywel.
Enjoy the Gepard!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Hywel
Recruit

Post by Hywel »

LordPanzer wrote:Welcome!! I to was lurking for a while before I had the courage post among these most master RC tankers ;)

All jokes aside can't wait to see what your working on. This hobby is quite addictive.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Lol, yes as soon as my parts come in in the next couple of weeks I'll start a build log.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”