Hi from a newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Cyberbreath
Recruit

Hi from a newbie

Post by Cyberbreath »

Hello fellow tankers. I built my first tank a year ago, which was a Tamiya Tiger 1. I then got into airbrushing and weathering. More recently I have bought a Leopard and an Abrams from HengLong then proceeded to upgrade the Leopard with Taigen chassis and top deck using the HL turret which was IR, BB, and FPV. Upgraded this further with TK 6.1s, full metal running gear, Taigen gearbox, and 360 turret. Then weathered. The Abrams has been repainted completely, and upgraded with all metal running gear, 360 turret, and weathered. With the previous leopard bits left over, I then purchased another turret, BB, IR, barrel recoil and assembled another Leopard with 360 turret. This one is not weathered. During this summer I have built 2 crawlers and bought a basher. RC has kept me occupied during lockdown and I am looking forward to getting using it all in 2021.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hi from a newbie

Post by BarryC »

Welcome Sir!

Sounds like you've waded in up to your waist. We would love to see some photos of your work. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome and I’ll echo what Barry said. We love photos and videos!
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by EAO »

Sounds awesome Cyberbreath,

I'll mirror what the other guys have said. We really, really like pictures and videos! This Forum is amazing, with equally amazing members.
You should be very happy here. :thumbup:

Regards,
Eric.
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr Cyberbreath :wave:

We would be very grateful for any pictures of your models, we love pictures here :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum.
Mick.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Cyberbreath
Recruit

Post by Cyberbreath »

Thanks guys. I did attempt to upload a short video of my tiger 1 which was 20 seconds duration, but it failed due to file size. I’ll get a few stills gathered of my 4 tanks and post them shortly.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi Cb,

If you have a YouTube account you can upload your video there then copy the link and embed it here by using the video tab at the top of the page which let's you place it directly into your post to view, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”