Anothet total newbie

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Leo Part 1
Recruit

Anothet total newbie

Post by Leo Part 1 »

Hi,

As a life long fan of 1/35 scale modelling, a former soldier and a very big tank fan I'm taking my first steps in the world of RC tanks.
I like both modern and 2nd world war armour, tanks and IFV's alike.

I have little knowledge on remote controlled gear but a fast learner and willing to learn and (later on) share knowledge on this forum.

O, and I come from The Netherlands. You know, that country that thought it could do without it's tanks and sold all of it's Leopard 2A6.....Only to regret it afterwards. And now they only lease less than 20 tanks from the Germans. :{

Regards,
Michiel
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Re: Anothet total newbie

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Welcome buddy, at least the Leopards are better than the Centurions you had in the mid 70’s.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello Michiel and welcome to the forum :wave: I also started modeling in 1/35 scale but then I found 1/16 rc and it is much more fun :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

I got quite a few 1/35 for this Christmas also x2 1/16 soldiers which were under coated black today
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Welcome to the forum! Leopards are the best tank in the world! They get that from their grandfather, the Tiger 1. It’s a family trait :D
Leo Part 1
Recruit

Post by Leo Part 1 »

Jimster wrote:Welcome to the forum! Leopards are the best tank in the world! They get that from their grandfather, the Tiger 1. It’s a family trait :D
It sure is the best looking modern tank, in my opinion!
Model Builder 4 wrote:Hello Michiel and welcome to the forum :wave: I also started modeling in 1/35 scale but then I found 1/16 rc and it is much more fun :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Well, after many Leopards, Tiger and Panthers (and others) it's time for something new. At least in a bigger scale. Of course, my wife seems to have a different opinion: 'Oh, so now you are going to play with your tanks as well?" :P
Rattlesnake road wrote:Welcome buddy, at least the Leopards are better than the Centurions you had in the mid 70’s.
True! But what a waste of money and knowledge to sell them......
Rattlesnake road wrote:I got quite a few 1/35 for this Christmas also x2 1/16 soldiers which were under coated black today
I just had my stash increased as well, a SPz Puma, a Boxer and a M2a2. But hey, one has to save some kits for when retirement is there....
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Retired this month at 66, the youngsters where I worked began to annoy, they fudged the jobs and the managers were not really interested.
dutchy
Recruit

Post by dutchy »

he weer een nederlander er bij.

welkom en veel plezier hier.

leopards zijn inderdaad leuk. maar wel de eerste serie.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

For the benefit of non-Dutch speakers, this translates as :-
hey another Dutchman there.

welcome and have fun here.

leopards are fun indeed. but the first series
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

:D Well, Dutchy, given that much of the Netherlands is below Sea level.. 8O I would have thought, that swapping Leopards for submarines could make good sense. :haha:
When I used to stay with friends living in Oisterwijk, I found it hard to sleep at night for the thought of the dykes springing a BIG leak :O :D
On the plus side, though, I liked the fact that it was only necessary to pedal a bike once, in order to freewheel right across town :thumbup: :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”